2013 Kawasaki 636

Had a chance today to test the new 2013 Kawasaki 636. My current bike is a 2009 fz6r and last week I tested the 2013 cbr600rr.

Ok all I can say is wow. If you read my post last week I had a great time on the new honda but was not convinced in my situation worth upgrading to the Honda.

The new Kawasaki was just amazing. Here's a few of my observations.
- The engine is noticeably more powerful than the cbr. I had an opportunity to ride on the freeway and this bike is crazy fast. All I can say is watch out for power wheelies.
- The engine felt a little more buzzier. Similar to the kawi 650r twin but not bad.
- The throttle was very smooth. Unlike the Honda it was very easy to control the throttle through the various turns. Engine breaking did not seem as strong as cbr but stronger than fz6r.
- handling in the turns felt slightly better than cbr needing slightly less effort on the bars.
- clutch was very easy to modulate and accelerate from a stop. Better than cbr. Very similar to fz6r which is easy.
- foot shifter felt better than cbr and fz6r clunkers. Clutch less shifts were better than cbr no jerk at all. Every time I stop and go into first I don't feel any funny feedback from the bike so get surprised the indicator says first. Love the indicator. If in first when you press back down to check it moves down again not like other bikes. I did notice slight difficulty shifting to neutral from second coming to a stop though. No problem going to neutral from first though.
- exhaust was nice sound but still prefer the cbr under tail.
- thought the mirrors were easier to see compared to cbr.
- cbr might have been slightly lower to seat as I found I could flat both feet on cbr.
- lots of room in the seat I could go far back so good for taller riders I quess.
- easy to change traction control and power settings.
- thought this bike had abs and went to try rear break only stop. Went into small slide and it surprised me I thought I might have turned off abs but turns out bike didn't have abs. Thought cbr had stronger brakes but probably because I knew it had abs.
- I read the pegs would be higher on the 636 but didn't feel much different or maybe slightly lower than new cbr.
- bike had 300 km on odometer.
- the only fault I really had was the sides of the tank. In my natural riding position I could not grip the tank perfectly with my legs. If I was maybe a few inches taller it would have been fine. I found myself tip toeing on the pigs to get a good grip during those faster speeds or slightly lower at the tanks to avoid the bump I was feeling at the tank on my knees. I'm hoping the pedals or seat can be adjusted. Very minor issue.

I'm in love again.

crobih

What about abs? I thought the 13 came with it? The bike looks sharp

Apparently you can get 2013 with or without abs.

Another thing I found is that it has slipper clutch. Thinking back I thought it was my rev matching skills and less engine braking. Cbr has no slipper clutch so maybe that's why I thought the engine braking was so strong while downshifting in the cbr.