2012 FZ6R - out the door price (if dealer made no profit)

Detrich

Try this website: http://www.seedealercost.com/products/zip-code

Also look on Craigslist to see what relatively new units are going for in your neighborhood.

Sales prices really vary by how eager each dealer is to turn over their inventory. Some have a strict policy of aggressively turning over older models after they've been on the floor over 12 months. And, they will price things to move. Some dealers, however, don't.

To get a really good deal on a bike, which I did on my last two purchases, on average it's taken me about 4 to 5 months of searching, waiting, negotiating. But, it's been worth it.

new2yam

Thanks again everyone for all of the input, I really appreciate it. Final question...

Here's what the dealers I'm willing to go with have said their prices are:
2012 (Raven) $7450 OTD
:: $5999 initial price + tax (10%) + fees ::

2013 (Blue) $8100 OTD
:: $6499 initial price + tax (10%) + fees (this place is charging more apparently) ::

What do you think I should offer...? I have my heart set on the 2013 blue but I will go with the raven if it's a significantly better price. Humor me with your hypothetical offers... :)

Detrich

Personally, I would never pay over $8k for a 6R. To put things in perspective, Back in 2011 I bought my (virtually new) 2010 R6 for $8k with 76 miles on it. <lol>.

If u r working with those figures and are eager to buy soon:

2012> $7000 OTD max
2013> $7500 OTD max

They'd still be making a decent $300+ bcuz of embedded markups. Fair deals for sure, imo.

That said though, you should be able to find a blue 2012 for well under 7k brand new if u are willing to spend the time hunting around.

new2yam

Personally, I would never pay over $8k for a 6R. To put things in perspective, Back in 2011 I bought my (virtually new) 2010 R6 for $8k with 76 miles on it. <lol>.

If u r working with those figures and are eager to buy soon:

2012> $7000 OTD max
2013> $7500 OTD max

They'd still be making a decent $300+ bcuz of embedded markups. Fair deals for sure, imo.

That said though, you should be able to find a blue 2012 for well under 7k brand new if u are willing to spend the time hunting around.
Thanks, Detrich. "Eager to buy soon" always seems to be my downfall.

tobymax

If they are not willing to compromise on the fees/price, then try to get them to "throw" in some gear. When i bought my bike i got 600 bucks of gear + 300 off from their original OTD. They guy was complaining that he shouldnt use the gear to sell the bike but hey, he got a sale. In the end, the invoice read 7500 OTD for a new 2009. By the way, from talking to people and reading this forum, it seems i paid almost 1k too much.

latony007

walk away

Thanks, Detrich. "Eager to buy soon" always seems to be my downfall.
I can tell you this much for certain in many car purchases. If you are not willing to walk away they know it and they got you and your going to pay to much. If you state your ready to buy right now and they dont give you the price you want all you have to do is say no thanks and start to head for the door. If there is anyway possible they can meet your price they are not going to let you leave. Period. If your iffy, i may buy today im not sure you might not get that so go in and let them know straight up im ready to buy right now if you meet my price.

new2yam

I did it!

Brand new 2012 Raven - $7100 OTD with delivery (50 miles). I think I got a good deal on it. I shopped around at every dealer under the sun and these guys were the only ones willing to work with me and not act like MSRP + taxes and fees = final price. HAPPYYY!!!!! :D

Last edited:

ajones70

2013 white for $6700 otd. It was $7999..... Happy with what I paid!

Last edited:

new2yam

Nik2133

Brand new 2012 Raven - $7100 OTD with delivery (50 miles). I think I got a good deal on it. I shopped around at every dealer under the sun and these guys were the only ones willing to work with me and not act like MSRP + taxes and fees = final price. HAPPYYY!!!!! :D
Wow! That's a great price... how did you manage that?

new2yam

Wow! That's a great price... how did you manage that?
Thanks, I thought I did pretty well... Seemed like most of the members on here got slightly better deals but WA sales tax is really atrocious. I shopped around at just about every dealer within range of here. I finally stumbled across a place that was incredibly accomodating and realistic about getting a '12 off the floor for the incoming '14's. I'm only taking my business to them from now on!

latony007

ohhh canada

Why do they get such great prices on toys yet have to pay twice as much for a book? go figure. Think we can become another province? at least we will have a real health care solution instead of worthless obamacare.

ajones70

Damn Canadians and your low prices. :p Big congrats!
Ya but believe me we get shafted on alot of other stuff such as services a d parts!! Very expensive compared to u guys...ah well!!! Lol

ajones70

Why do they get such great prices on toys yet have to pay twice as much for a book? go figure. Think we can become another province? at least we will have a real health care solution instead of worthless obamacare.
Prefer to have you guys as another province than one or two of the provinces we have now! Lmao:D
And i dunno why we pay twice as much for other stuff...wont be long before dealers catch onto it tho and start upping their prices!

latony007

Prefer to have you guys as another province than one or two of the provinces we have now! Lmao:D
And i dunno why we pay twice as much for other stuff...wont be long before dealers catch onto it tho and start upping their prices!
lol, im trying to think of what I would trade for Montreal but nothing comes to mind lol. I think id rather have Detroit or the Bronks. Now Vancouver however I will trade you say dallas or the whole state of NJ :)

new2yam

I used to live in Europe... Now prices there -- don't even get me started.

But wow, Allstate is charging me the same price for insurance as if I had an R6. That's baloney! I'm up for renewal come Feb (I'm prorating the remainder from my last bike as of now). Anyone know a good insurance company that doesn't classify an FZ6R as a rocketship?

Last edited: