bleedinblue

Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

how's the weather up there, still cold? low ball an offer

bobby bo bonsin

Thats a beautiful color. Great lookin bike.

Hello my real name is Adam.

BDazzler

I haven't been able to ride a Ninja 650, but my wife might be looking to upgrade from her 2009 Ninja 250r and the FZ6R and Ninja 650 are both top of the list. I prefer the I4 with the high end power with revs, but she is used to the parallel twin of the 250 and might be more comfortable with the lower end power as she rarely reves it up.

I'd say if you want more in-town usability, the twin will have the low and mid power, but fall short in the upper revs. If you like to accelerate fast or do mostly highway miles, the I4 should provide higher peek power with high reves. Some say the triple is a nice compromise. Yamaha should have triples out in a year or 2.

yfz6r

My best friend just got a 2012 bone stock (except has clip ons) in green on saturday. He hasn't let me ride it yet but from what he says it's fantastic. He has ridden my bike and says the Ninja 650 feels lighter, more like my wife's 250. He loves the way the paralell twin feels and I prefer the I4. We both started on GS500s for reference.

Hard not to feel jealous about the way the bike looks and all our friends prefer the sound of the twin (I think they're all on crack). I still love everything about my FZ6R better except sitting on it the Ninja does feel lighter and I wish I could have found copper instead of black.

My friend's new bike has 2,000 miles on it, excellent condition, and paid $5000. You're friend probably won't be disappointed.
The 2012 650r is a totally different bike in all the right ways.
For the price of the one you posted, tell your friend to find a 2012.
In my area, 2010 650r's can be had for less than 4500. The price on this seems steep for the older model. The 2012's are outstanding bikes.

RandiZ

I'm a big Kawi fan. I had two Vulcans and really wanted to get a 650 Ninja when I changed to the standard. I prefered the feel and ride of the FZ6R just a tad more. With these bikes that's all it comes down to, personal preference. You can't really go wrong.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
Last edited:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

2wheelie

Hey guys, my friend is looking at getting this bike, was just curious if you guys had any personal experience with it or any advice I should pass to him. Friends will only listen to friends for so long until they need another opinion :)

2011 KAWASAKI NINJA 650R - EXCELLENT CONDITION - VERY LOW MILES
I had 2 650's. One was '06 and another '08. Not sure how much the '12 is different. They do feel lighter, more upright sitting position, but at the same time I think feels less powerful and don't have this solid feel as the 6R. The 650's are known for rattling sounds from the fairings (they may fix it by now...). I also like the sound and power of 4 cyls, but some prefer 2. To me 2 cyl engines sound like a field tractor :).
For a beginner, or woman rider, I think 650 is a bit better cas of the more upright position, wider steering bar and lighter feel. Fun factor is high on country roads and in twisties.
At the end of a day, I think it can do all 6R can, just a matter of preference between feel and sound. In MO you can upgrade from 650 to 6R not vice versa.