2011 fz6r

wighty

Just bought a 2011 FZ6R, installed an smoked intergrated rear tail light and ditched the fender, put on flush mount front blinkers, and removed the decals from the fron ferrings. Next mods are tinted windscreen, 2 brothers black series carbon exhaust, rear seat cowel, and hopefully do something with the ugly mirrors.

Any suggestions on mirrors and/or handlebar options if I want to ditch the touring bars?

With decals

Without decals - love how the smoked flush mount led blinkers look agains the black...

Last edited:

Sparkxx1

Aw makes me think if they bike would look good in all copperish, but leave the black air scoops.

Nice job getting the decals off, ride safe!

porky45

Why not buy an r6 if you don't want the touring comfort?
Not sure how old you are, so what I say may not apply. I went back and forth between the R6 and the FZ6R. I wanted the R6 for looks and performance. I soon found out that with performance comes lots of extra $$$ in insurance money.

The difference between FZ6R and the R6 was something like $2k a year. Apart from the insurance difference, it was my first bike and my dad and his good friends at the dealership talked me out of the more expensive R6 and into the more fitting FZ6R.

I've never regretted starting out on the FZ6R.

wighty

Not sure how old you are, so what I say may not apply. I went back and forth between the R6 and the FZ6R. I wanted the R6 for looks and performance. I soon found out that with performance comes lots of extra $$$ in insurance money.

The difference between FZ6R and the R6 was something like $2k a year. Apart from the insurance difference, it was my first bike and my dad and his good friends at the dealership talked me out of the more expensive R6 and into the more fitting FZ6R.

I've never regretted starting out on the FZ6R.
Well said. I pay $55/month for full coverage :)

ecunni04

Bike looks great!! IMO I think the solid black would look better if it were two tone with the copper. Just my .02 cents worth. Great job though.

CDN6R

Love the Copper Color,,,,,but I like the bike with the decals:scared:. It is your bike so you have to please you. Laurie

cloudfire

I have to agree. If the fairing underneath was the same copper color, I would consider removing the decals. The new color option is the second thing that sold me on this bike. I do like the way it looks without the fender. I've been searching for pics of the new color with an FE kit but haven't found any yet.

Last edited:

iSpoolin

I liked it better with the decals myself.Looks good though!

cloudfire

@Wighty - what flush mounts are those and how visible are they from the front? Also, what integrated tail light did you get?

Copper6R11

quick question. I just got my fz6r a week ago and am lookin to mod. Are those flush mounts legal? i thought u have to have blinkers that are seen from the front.
I saw some ppl put another set of flush mounts on the front fairing, but i dont wanna do that unless i havto.

Dimefan

Well said. I pay $55/month for full coverage :)
Not bad. We had three different insurance companies and I was paying $80 a month full coverage. We dropped all of them and went with one insurance company for house, car, and bike. Now I pay $24/month full coverage.

Dimefan

quick question. I just got my fz6r a week ago and am lookin to mod. Are those flush mounts legal? i thought u have to have blinkers that are seen from the front.
I saw some ppl put another set of flush mounts on the front fairing, but i dont wanna do that unless i havto.
Laws are different in other states, but I know what they are in Missouri concerning blinkers; you either have both front and rear, or none at all. They are NOT required equipment, neither are mirrors. I have flush mounts and my inspection was fine.