2011 fz6r backwards compatibility

whittaker

hello everyone i am just wondering what year models fz fairings will fit onto my 2011 model as mine are quite well loved by a tree and in need of replacement parts so if anyone knows which years are interchangeable it'd be muchly appreciated

whittaker

cheers mistaht there wasn't any information on the subject with just google. i've been finding lots of cheap fairing kits but whether or not they would fit was another question hah

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

shocker35

from what I have heard about those cheap kits is they are not worth it. I have heard the tabs and holes are not all aligned properly and you will need a heat gun to make the plastic soft so you can stretch it, or you will have to make new holes. I was thinking about going to the cheap kits also but stuck to OEM, it may save you their weight in gold over the aggravation it may cause you to get them to fit. Check out ebay and see if you can find some parts. When i was shopping I saved over $500 just by using ebay parts that people have wrecked bikes. good luck and stay safe.