2010 vs 2011

peterstoker

Just wondering if there are any differences besides the paint and decals, a mate from work has a 2010 black and gold fz6r and i have a 2011 black and red one, he has full TBR exhaust and k & N filter, mine is completely standard, we finally got to go for a ride after work today and i had no trouble keeping up and passing him when ever the opportunity came, i probably am at least 15kg liter then him but would that be enough to make my bike seem alot faster. i thought the mods might of made up for the weight difference, only 700km difference on the clock. Any one else raced the two?

djf18374

I believe the TBR only adds a few HP...the weight difference between you two (35 lbs) is enough to make a big impact on accelleration. I would say loss of weight with our bikes makes the biggest noticeable difference in performance, (except for the yellow bikes, they are the fastest) not adders like exhaust and air filter, etc. I could be wrong, but that is just my opinion.

But to answer your question....no, there are not appreciable differences in the performance (not any that I am aware of) between '10 and '11 model years.

If your friend had run you an '09 in Cadmium Yellow....you would not have been so lucky. We all know yellow is the fastest! CC Can explain to you why ;)
:wav:

Chucker

You also have to consider what gear you're running in. If you were in a lower gear, you'd easily shoot past him.

redprodigy35

^^ +1

Our bike really opens up around 7-9k rpm.

cloudfire

Like others said, there's no difference between the bikes, except the addons. But, I will dispute what djf said about the addons. While the exhaust doesn't add a lot of hp, consider that 3.8 hp is a 5% increase in hp. But there's also the weight reduction. The TBR reduces the weight of the bike by 10 lbs which doesn't seem like much either, but is a 2% reduction in the overall weight of the bike. You didn't say if he had an FE or not, which drops another 7 lbs off the bike at least.

Having said all of that, you're probably not going to notice a significant difference even with the add-ons and the difference you saw is probably your throttle/gear action more than bike action.

peterstoker

yeah he did have a FE and i dont, thats why i thought the weight would be pretty even, im not to worried i guess i just get the bragging rights at work on monday, every bike would be a little bit different though, maybe i got lucky and got a slightly quicker bike then him, also quick question, guys with the targa FE where did you put your registration slip?