2010 Last Year for FZ6R????

Grinch79

I was talking to the dealer today when I dropped my 6R for it's first ride and he was talking to me about the Yamaha rep who was in just this past month stating Yamaha is doing away with some of their 600cc class.

Thought that the FZ6, FZ6R, or the R6S was likely to be cut with the current market on bikes. I know other states may be experiencing better luck but I've been to a few dealerships in MN, IA, and IL and they still have '08-'09 stock all over the place for all makes of bikes. I have yet to see a 2010 model and they said they are having a hard time dealing bikes right now.

It led into a discuss about dealers in the state not carrying the FZ6R any more because if they started with 1, they sold it and haven't had any requests for new orders. He tried to talk me into a '09 CBR 600RR with $4,000 as a trade offer. I had to laugh and walk out the dealership. The CBR was a great looking ride but losing $2,000+ inside of 60 days seemed a little high for depreciation already.

Anyone else out there hearing anything?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

pyrocpu

Honestly doubt the FZ6R going away that quickly. With it being out only two model years (with 2010 just having started not very long ago), there's no way Yam would/could have recouped their tooling expenses, their engineering, design & development costs, etc. Those are sunk costs, they may as well keep producing the FZ6R, albeit at a slower pace so as to not saturate their dealer network, or their own warehouses.

Now, the R6S, see, that's a bike that's already been fully amortized from the manufacturer standpoint. All the fixed costs have been paid for. Every unit made after their business case pencilled = heavy profit margins. Most people who want an R6S, and couldn't get it any longer (in the hypothetical case that it was discontinued), they'd just simply either buy a used R6S, or a last-generation R6. After all, the R6S IS the previous-gen R6!

As far as the FZ6 goes; that'd already been cut going into 10MY.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

dcBear78

In Australia motorbike sales are higher than ever as people are starting to look for cheaper transport. But we also didn't get hit with the GFC stick either. On a side note car sales are almost at record levels too. Only marginally lower then the peak prior to the crisis.

CDN6R

I wsas out to my local dealer today for the first service and the owner of the business told me that Yamaha Canada is completely sold out of 2009 and 2010 FZ6R's. He wishes he could get more (he sold 4 total) cause people are calling him for them.:thumbup: and he can't get any more.

jotapeh

Yeah, especially here in Canada the FZ6Rs can't even be kept in stock. They fly out the door. Already I've seen 6 others just casually parked in Toronto.

pyrocpu

Gee, maybe I can sell my FZ6R to a Canuck for USD $8300... :D

pyrocpu

I got mine brand new OTD for $8350 CDN so I doubt it :D
OKokok... I'll let it go for CDN $8300, out the door (out of MY door...heheh)!

Includes all mods listed below! :)

Superfly

The Canadian economy seems to be holding on better than in the US...hard to say how long that will last but for the time being its all systems go for us up here!!! Hope they sell tons of these FZ6Rs...I've only seen two myself...

Peter Schiff will tell you that "supply creates demand"...not the other way around. Something to do with lower prices ;)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

zig308

I guess I should stay away and just not go in there anytime soon. I was going to stop by and try to use a coupon from them to get some riding pants.

I still wouldn't mind having the WR250R dual-sport either.

I have a friend up in PA that was trying to sell his FJR1300, but he never got any bites.

cavcuz05

i know yamaha decreased their R6 production due to the over stock in the 09 model

Roaddawg

if you go to the yamaha website you will already see that 2009 was the last year they made the fz6's and r6s's for 2010 the only 600cc models that yamaha makes are the r6 and the fz6r so im sure your dealer was confused he probably got mixed up that they already discontinued the fz6 and the r6s last year so i highly doubt the fz6rs will be going anywhere soon yamahas line up is pretty slim for 2010 i think they did all the cuts they can make cause they only have 5 sport bikes now....they have the r1 and r6 which are the hardcore ones and they have the fz1 and the fz6r for those who dont want a race inspired bike and they have the 1300 sport touring bike...so there really isnt any room to discontinue anything else they basically have the bare essentials....and like others have said this is only the 2nd year for the fz6r they will probably at least try to sell it for a few more years....if anyone wants actual proof just go to yamahas website and look at the 2009 model line up and the 2010 model line up you will see which ones they discontinued
Holy run-on sentence, Batman!!:)

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

pyrocpu