2009 Fz6R?????? what is this

Chevyfazer

All fz6 from 2004-2009 have a under tail exhaust and none in the us come fully faired from the factory, that bike has the powerbronze fairing kit

pilninggas

It has to be said Yamaha's whole naming system and model hierarchy needs a total overhaul - do the marketing teams in Japan, Europe and North America have no imagination or desire to keep the branding contemporary? It makes the mind boggle, that their designers and engineers can come up with great work and the marketeers drop the ball completely.

The XJ moniker dates back to 1980, the FZ family name first appeared around 84/85. The Diversion name used on the half-faired XJ6, has serious negative conotations attached to it (dour styling etc).

The confusing nature has already been touched upon, i have lost count of the times people i have been in contact with have been confused by model years/ model specs etc (on the fzr1000 forums the same problems arise).

I really think Yamaha need to look at Honda's lead and start to move to a more sensible model designation system and naming structure - why don't they look at the car world? confusing letters and numbers seem a bit old hat.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member