2009 FZ6R Salvage Project

pjmac5

I was asked to create a new thread so here it is.

I purchased this salvaged FZ6R (White) on craigslist for a summer project. The bike didn't appear to have any serious damage, which the Yamaha dealer confirmed. This bike had been dropped, kicked around and basically unloved. I got it for $1700.

After getting it registered properly, the project began. The plan is to convert this White FZ6R to Yamaha Blue. I figured I would post some pictures of my progress.

Tank Done
Exhaust Done
Other Odds & Ends
Waiting on Fairings From China (Fingers Crossed)

Regards, Pat

Attachments

pjmac5

Additional Picks of Exhaust, Levers as well as the Fairings that I purchased from China. I asked that The Fairings be solid Yamaha Blue with only the white YAMAHA decal placed at the bottom of the Fairing. I asked that The decal be 8x2 inches so a little bigger then factory. I hope to get them soon, in one piece and close to Yamaha Blue in color.

Regards, Pat

Attachments

pjmac5

Wow that will be one nice bike! great job with the bike cant wait for the finished product
Thanks, so far things have gone as planned. Keeping my fingers crossed on the Fairings but they look good in the pics they sent.

Reactions: JT

CrazyCawi

Wow that will be one nice bike! great job with the bike cant wait for the finished product
I agree nice work man

SpawnXX

Premium Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

pjmac5

I really like that color combo of the blue and red. Keep is posted! Plus, you already get cool points for the Avatar Image. :thumbup:
I spent a lot of year Coaching Soccer and playing. Couldn't believe it when I ran across the image. She made it to my phone background as well.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

pjmac5

Great job on a great project for a worthy bike. How many miles on it?

Nice paint job on the tank too.
Thanks. I am enjoying working on it but also getting anxious to finish. The bike has 13400 on it. Tank turned out really good. Hoping the Fairings are a close match.

Pat

pjmac5

Well I ran into my first glitch. The Fairings from China were shipped to the wrong address, so after many phone calls to the USPS and to EMS (Chinas USPS), my Fairing was returned to sender IN? You guessed it...CHINA!. Well after travelling through a dozen States and most of Eastern China, the Fairing is back at the Factory in China. They need to repaint the nose piece and then they will reship.

Great news though! The manufacturer said, "No worry, we send free gift"....A tank pad. Lucky me. :shakehead:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member