20 year anniversary trip

roundhouse

Just got back from Punta Cana in the Domincan Republic. We wanted to do something kind of special for our 20th (we got hitched fairly young) we never had a honeymoon and just went to work, then our son was born and we never had a vacation just us. My wife started planning this trip a year ago and saved up the $$$ so nothing went on our credit card!

All inclusive deal and the staff was great. I never had to wait for a drink. It was so much fun.

motorcycles there are all pretty damn small as gas is $8 a gallon and people don't have much $$$. biggest bike i saw was a 250cc most were little 100cc 2 strokes. every rider was a daredevil just to ride there. many folk were 3up on these wee machines weaving in and out of the traffic at speed. wrong way down the highway. I was going to do a motorcycle tour of the mountains but after doing research it seemed too sketchy. i read post after post about broken legs and such from folks who went and decided i like my bones unbroken.

pics.
1. Macao beach
2. coffee in paradise (cappuccinos and espressos 2-3 times a day MMMM)
3. My wife
4. fish swimming around my feet.

Attachments

ylwf3vr

Congrats on 20 years! :)

ajones70

Congrats on 20! Looks like a beautiful place!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

roundhouse

congrats bro.. I too will someday take a trip like this. Ill start with Hawaii

thanks y'all, we looked at Hawaii but it was over double the $$$. from what i am told it is awesome but i am cheap and for what we spent i am happy with the experience. i would love to go to bora bora but that is freaky expensive