1st service due:))

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

wow

I thought the 200 something I paid for mine was a rip. 360 Is in another ball park altogether. I took mine in for the 600 (1000km) for the same reason I bought a new one. just wanted the peace of mind everything was good and it as a 2012 so wanted to make sure. I doubt they spent more than 30 minutes on it though. Would be nice if they charged just the actual time there were on it.

zcypher

Holy christ I thought that I got taken for a ride when I paid $180 for mine... $360!!! What!!

I think its not a bad thing to get done, but damn.

latony007

oil change

if it was just an oil change I could actually see doing it because it seems fairly simple. However I really wanted them to check it out all over at the 600 and told them so. I said hey I bought this thing new to make sure it wasn't going to fall apart while im on the road, its in for its 600 so make sure its all good and there are no other problems. My next service is at 6000, isn't there a lot more required than an oil change?

maybe its so much up there in Canada cause they have to have on oil heating system to keep it from freezing up. Along with paying extra for transportation, those ice road truckers are not cheap :D

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

There isnt any service due at 6k US miles. It goes 600, 1000, 4000 and every 4k after that. With the exception of the valve check at 26600 miles (but can probably just be done at same time as the 24 or 28k .

Every 4k is pretty easy. I do my own oil changes and my shop only charges me like $23 for the rest of the inspection and chain and other adjustments.

Every 8k is spark plugs, unless you do Iridium them you can bump that up to about every 16k per my dealer.

Every 24k change air filter/clean pending model of filter.

Other than those specifics, it is all usually the same stuff of checking hoses, lines, cables, chaine, bolts etc.
maybe they did say 4000k I cant remember now. I know there was no 1000 according to them. Just the 600. Seems crazy these bikes need spark plugs at 8000, hell my 1970s mobile didn't even need them that often and my new car 2008, is almost at 100,000 and haven't don't them yet. im going to put a k&N when my filter is due. Im betting the oil change every 4k is like a car, really only needs about every 7k but they love to throw more oil into the land fills and oceans lol

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

ajones70

Here its 1,000km, 6,000km and I believe 10,000km. So its pretty much equivalent to the States when converting to miles... Or close to it I think anyway

ajones70

Sooooo I have to take bike to dealer tomorrow:mad:...so so mad......we can't even crack the oil bolt..won't budge at all! My husband is a strong guy and can't shift it. His Fazer 8 and our sons CBR wasn't this tight! So I plan on riding to
work tomorrow and going right to dealer and asking them to loosen it off abit.....watch this space!!

ajones70

Dealer slackened bolt slightly so hubby did most of the oil change for me while i looked on and paid attention. Used a Purolator synthetic filter and Mobil synthetic oil.... Hit 1,000km this am :D
Couple more weeks maybe if we are lucky with weather before putting bike to sleep for winter :(
Was dark and 3c this am when i left for work....just abit chilly! Then 31 to ride home in!!!!