1st ride 3 up.

jokerX

I took my first ride with a couple of passengers last night. It was a tight squeeze and my first time riding with any passengers at all, so the handling felt a little odd. But all in all was ok. Rode for about 30km before my passengers wanted off.

FTR, my passengers were my wife and 3rd child in utero. :D

I have only recently become licensed to carry passengers, so the wife wanted the first ride, despite being pregnant. She was alittle nervous, but enjoyed it. Wants her own bike though. I cannot believe that arsehole cagers will still tailgate a bike with 2 ppl on it. Just unreal.

Crocop43

U let ur pregnant wife and child on your bike at the same time ........uhhhhh not sure if serious

Fizzer6R

I took my first ride with a couple of passengers last night. It was a tight squeeze and my first time riding with any passengers at all, so the handling felt a little odd. But all in all was ok. Rode for about 30km before my passengers wanted off.

I have only recently become licensed to carry passengers, so the wife wanted the first ride, despite being pregnant. She was alittle nervous, but enjoyed it. Wants her own bike though. I cannot believe that arsehole cagers will still tailgate a bike with 2 ppl on it. Just unreal.
they will actually tailgate then even more, to get a good look at the females behind from rear view :p

seriously, please don't let her back on the bike until after child born, even a slight fall could be major right now

CrazyCawi

I know it was probably fun and all but just ensure the babys safety first :thumbup: Be safe bro

Sparkxx1

I know it was probably fun and all but just ensure the babys safety first :thumbup: Be safe bro
they will actually tailgate then even more, to get a good look at the females behind from rear view :p

seriously, please don't let her back on the bike until after child born, even a slight fall could be major right now
U let ur pregnant wife and child on your bike at the same time ........uhhhhh not sure if serious
^+1 on all of their responses.

Michael Wilson

:Im With Stupid: ......

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Rookasaki

haha I too thought about 3 adults on the bike... That would be damn scarey. Anyhow it's cool your wife likes to ride. I would keep her off until that kido is out, just to be on the safe side. :) Don't hate guys, it's not illegal. The man is proud he took out his wife and his little one. Yes, again probably not the smartest thing to do but hey we are all human.

Last edited:

Deputyfarva252

^+1 on all of their responses.

Im not here to lecture , your an adult make your own decsions but there is not way in Hell I would ever , ever allow my pregenant wife on the back of my bike , there is waaaayyy to many things that can go wrong ......just my two cents , good luck and be safe:surrender::surrender::surrender:

jokerX

I do appreciate the concern fellas, but I find it amusing that everyone is afraid to ride with a pregnant woman. Should I lock her in a padded cell for 9 months? :p Her Doctor laughed when I made her ask if it was OK, saying it was as safe now to ride as any other time. That being said, I'd like to see anyone stop a pregnant woman from doing something she wants to do. That's a deathwish, lol.

Just to clarify Crocop, I only had myself and my wife on the bike. Our unborn child was being counted as the 3rd. Mr. Citrus, I was trying to be intentionally misleading with the title.

Deputyfarva252

I do appreciate the concern fellas, but I find it amusing that everyone is afraid to ride with a pregnant woman. Should I lock her in a padded cell for 9 months? :p Her Doctor laughed when I made her ask if it was OK, saying it was as safe now to ride as any other time. That being said, I'd like to see anyone stop a pregnant woman from doing something she wants to do. That's a deathwish, lol.

Just to clarify Crocop, I only had myself and my wife on the bike. Our unborn child was being counted as the 3rd. Mr. Citrus, I was trying to be intentionally misleading with the title.
Not so much being afraid to ride with her but having enough sense not to want to put something so fragile at an undue ,unnecessary risk . its different you have a choice of going on that bike , your wife has a choice your un born child doesnt . Its the same concept as not buckling your child in a child restraint but buckling your own seat belt and not theirs. WHY take the chance . But like i said to each there own.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Cmltoe

My first controversial post! Yes!

I also have one on the way. Found out about it two weeks before I got the bike. She was excited and I immediately told her you're not going to be on this until the baby is out.

With regards to the logic of "you can't tell her what to do", I don't agree (I wear the pants :D) but she also can't get on the back of a bike unless you're on it as well.......

To each his own but seriously, a non pregnant woman falls and can get back up and put on some neosporin. We all know what could happen to a pregnant woman..... I'm a big believer of analyzing everything using risk vs. reward.

Reward = slight thrill
Risk= don't want to bring about bad luck by even writing the risk.

Yes we're susceptible to the same risk but for us, it takes a nasty crash. For a pregnant woman, it wouldn't take much at all. Just falling wrong....