15000 miles

oyamyers

Just passed 15000 miles today on my 09. Still running like the first 1000 miles.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

linkgt

I've been lazy... since I started working out again... I have yet to see how I could ride home after working out....

it's been months since I've been on a long ride, I took her for a 30 minute spin last weekend, and it was so nice today, but I was soo tired...

I'm stalled at 39k miles, been hovering around there for about two months... I have off 'till next year, might try to get some extended cold riding in.

Yes, Yamaha built a durable machine
That's a lot of miles as well. I'm hoping next year I can extend the cold riding unlike this year.

ChUcK

I agree with 2wheelie. Not any bike, but most. I think the reason most bikes never crack 20K miles is because most people who own motorcycles don't actually like to ride them. Not as much as they like to drive their cages, at least.

Or, we buy low mileage bikes and sell 'em to people who will just garage stash them. That could be the reason.

This Yamaha seems to run like a champ. Hey Dart, when you had your valves checked out, were the clearances outrageously out of spec, or was it a routine check?

edit: apparently my G button isn't working unless I mash on it like a boss.

SAFE-T

I think the reason most bikes never crack 20K miles is because most people who own motorcycles don't actually like to ride them.
Most people crash them before they ever get past 20k.

Honda has ran their V-4 motors over 450,000 miles in testing before they stopped working.

If I had a bike that DIDN'T run as good at 15k as it did when I bought it, I would never buy a bike made by that company ever again.

My current bike has 80k on it, and I would ride it coast-to-coast without hesitation.

SoCal600

i broke 32k last night on my FZ6R and ive only done all the maintance myself including tires. i take pride in doing my own maintance and if u take care of these bikes, they will run forever like old honda's haha.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

I just bought my 2012 with .1 miles today; I hope it will last as long as my 2005 R6 with almost 125,000 miles (yes, you read it right almost 125,000 miles) and still kicking.