13' fz6r exhaust question

BJDK

So ive had my FZ6R for about 3 months and i love it, im the 3rd owner, no performance mods but i was told by the previous owner that the owner before him had removed the baffle from the stock exhaust, sounds sick but theres a lot of popping when coming off the throttle aswell as a rapid tic coming from top front end of engine (hoping its just a yamatic).

My question is will this effect performance? Ive been told that when making changes to exhaust it can effect performance and that sometimes tuning and/or fuel management device is required to keep it running optimal. Doubt its effecting performance but seeking clarification to keep the mind at ease.
Thanks.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BJDK

That's the AIS system pumping air back in the exhaust. Cheap and quick fix is to block the hose on the RH side of the airbox. You need to lift the fuel tank to do this. Just block off the hose and the airbox. I duct tape the airbox hose inlet and plug the hose over the tape. The next step would be the block off plates.
Ill be sure to give that a try, thanks marthy. One other question, would leaving this unfixed make any difference in performance or cause damage to parts on the bike?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member