-1 Front Sprocket?

Lefty

Hey everyone,
I'm 6'2, 230lbs with gear and I'm looking for alittle more acceleration. I don't ride the highway very much so I'm not worried about high RPMs at highway speeds. I've read tons on info on this site, but there's not many topics on -1 front sprocket (alot of reading on +1 though).

For the people who have done the -1 in front, did you notice a significant increase in acceleration? I'm not interested in doing -1/+2, since the -1 front sprocket is quick, cheap and might be all the change I need. I can do the +2 on the rear sprocket at a later time if I need more acceleration.

Also, where can I get a 15T front sprocket (website, part #, etc)? I read on this forum that Driven doesn't carry it anymore, plus I checked the Vortex website and can't find FZ6R, also my Yamaha dealership said they don't have a 15T sprocket.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers.

jay

I am selling Driven -1 ,+2 sprockets that i bought from Indysuperbikes.com you can check their website for details, 15 tooth front , 48 tooth rear is a great set-up if you want better take offs and no new chain is needed.
shipped for $75.00 let me know if interested.

check out:
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f34/driven-1-down-2-up-sprockets-sale-22951/

Lefty

Thanks Jay, but I'm only interested in buying a 15T front sprocket. Would you consider selling only the front sprocket?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Lefty

Wow thanks Useless, and calculated for my weight too, very cool!

UselessPickles

that's pretty sweet useless..... where/how did you get these graphs? I'd love to play around with gearing changes
I made them myself. I have the very early beginnings of a website that will allow you compare vehicles to each other (or to tweaked versions of themselves) in terms of what really matters: the resulting acceleration. I'm sick of meaningless dyno chart comparisons, so I started to do something about it :)

Unfortunately, it's the very early beginnings of a website. All I have so far is the basic code for representing a vehicle (including its torque curve data, gear ratios, weight, etc.) and the code that calculates various data from that, such as acceleration in the various gears, finding optimal shift points between the gears, etc. There's absolutely no user interface yet, and I still have no idea what my overall plan for that is. For now, I just dump the raw calculated data into a spreadsheet and manually create a chart with that data.

If there are a small number of comment sprocket size combinations, I could create a chart comparing max acceleration between all the combinations. So far, the combos I'm aware of are:
  • stock
  • -1 front
  • -1 front / +2 rear

What else should I include?

You might also be interested in my post about determining the ideal shift points for max acceleration. Changing the sprocket sizes will not affect the RPM shift targets; it will only change what speed you are going at those points: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f68/shifting-normal-vs-aggressive-22783/index3.html#post299509