'08 GSX-6R - should never have gone

I was happy to stay within the Yamaha family, I've heard through several different people that they have the strongest motors out of any other company.

I LOVE the Raider, still taking my time and being safe with such a large machine. I don't regret getting the 6R for a second and at times wish I still had it in the garage. The Raider is no joke trying to get used to turns and even just turning it around in my garage or driveway takes a little muscle.

Attachments

• 180.jpg
    180.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 179.jpg
    179.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 22
Nice looking bike, I like the look. looks like the saddle is close to the ground, that should help with maneuvering it around. How much does it weigh?

Nice looking bike, I like the look. looks like the saddle is close to the ground, that should help with maneuvering it around. How much does it weigh?

They weigh a ton. Over 600 lbs. The clutch on them is a beast also. I've sat on one at the dealer. Really nice bike and makes big power and torque.

I was happy to stay within the Yamaha family, I've heard through several different people that they have the strongest motors out of any other company.

I LOVE the Raider, still taking my time and being safe with such a large machine. I don't regret getting the 6R for a second and at times wish I still had it in the garage. The Raider is no joke trying to get used to turns and even just turning it around in my garage or driveway takes a little muscle.

Those pipes aren't stock and look way better than the stock ones do. Was this bike used?

that there is what i have been looking at. next spring it will either be the daytona or an r6. i heard that the r6 maybe having some major changes to it.

time will only tell. i dont think i have seen a daytona on the streets here, ever.

Same here I only see japanese bikes.
As I believe japanese bikes are easier to maintain etc is why their in high demand. Sharp looking bike though, I've only seen japanese bikes and when I first saw this and the ducati 1098 I was surprised by how nice they look.

OP, I'm surprised you went with a cruiser bike. From wanting a GSX-R, to a Superbike to getting a cruiser. Glad you like what you got though and gave everything a chance before you made your decision.

When I've settled down and "matured" I'll probably aim for the R6 instead of a ZX6-R to stay within the Yamaha family.

Slightly used, about 1,200 miles. Aftermarket Cobra swept back exhaust was on the back with an integrated rear tail light.

I do have some left overs I am about to put on ebay but I thought I would offer up here as well.

Flush mount front blinkers (smoke)
Intuitive no cut frame sliders
HJC IS-16 Scratch helmet (red XL)

I even have a bike carrier if anyone is interested that you connect into a 2" trailer hitch which is amazing, used 1 x. Obviously the Raider is not going to fit on a sport bike carrier.

Send me email [email protected] if interested and have fun guys/gals. It's been a blast.

Back