03 R6 street fighter 2k good buy?

dx2killa

Hey guys havent been on forum much as wrecked my fz6r and picked up a zx6r but had nothing but problems with the bike (shutting down while riding and speedo problems) so ended up flipping it. Looking to pick up something to just ride and guy around me has a custom street fighter 03 r6 with 10k miles. All it needs are rear brakes and a tire, and probably a tuneup since its been sitting for few months. Going to check it out today but figure least see what yall think . I mean for 2k for a running bike with not needing much at all, atleast from what hes saying why im going to check it out i think its worth it for something to ride.

Neme

i personally wouldnt be interested. it looks like a stunt bike and has had a very rough 10k miles. i wouldn't trust a bike like that, but that's just me. 2k sounds like its on the lower end of a fair price, however.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dx2killa

Your most likely right. it probably was stunted , as he rebuilt the whole bike pretty much. Mainly what im trying to figure out if its fair price. I'm just looking for something to ride as I'm not buying a "new" bike right now as I now have a decent car payment and im not trying to use "all" my cash i have saved. It def has some time into it and unique look to it.

dx2killa

I know we have STUPID-DIFFICULT-TO-PASS inspections in Maryland, and that thing would never pass.
Lol , yea jersey is tag it, insure it, and ride it pretty much. I'm atleast taking a look at the bike and checking it out. Not gona hurt.

EsrTek

Not gona hurt.
I disagree... have you seen all the pointy parts on that bike!!

Personally that bike is not worth $2k.. for that I've seen very well maintained cbr's, r6's or zx6.
That bike visibility is SHOW only, sitting still, on the road it's a hazard and likely to be rear ended w/ that tail/signals.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dx2killa

Just buy mine :)
Haha well its either i get something cheap to ride right now, or wait till next season when ill possibly have more cash aside that id like to spend and geting something around the 4-5k range which will most likely be the case.

Neme

That chain is REALLY loose. You can see it sagging. So if this guy rebuilt the entire bike he must of did it lousily because he didn't even adjust the chain. When you look at it, look at the basic details like that. The chain also looks rusted to Hell.

Neme

The chain doesn't look too bad, i reloaded the picture and it looks better. But it is sagging.

dx2killa

The chain doesn't look too bad, i reloaded the picture and it looks better. But it is sagging.
Yea lol was about to say doesnt look bad. But yes its loose, but you cant judge someones work just because a chain is loose hehe. I'll let everyone know my opinion on the bike once I see it in person myself today. Honestly the guy sent me many pictures of the bike during the rebuild process and he def spent some time and money on it atleast i can say that. But who knows if I'll buy it i may get there look at it in person and it look like crap. If I think its worth it i may or may not decide to buy it i can always wait. Thanks for everyones opinions I'll update when i check this thing out.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dx2killa

My wife is basically too short to do either, she can drive my car, but she has a hard time pushing the clutch all the way in lol. That's the problem being 4'10 I guess.
Atleast she "can" drive your car. She has no motivation to learn haha. Only thing sucks, we go out I get drunk it has to be her car because, she aint driving home unless its her car we went in -.-

But back to topic. I actually like the look of the bike from the pictures we will see when i actually am physically there and on it haha. but yea rear fender is a little wierd looking id change it anyways

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member