Yoshimura Exhaust

msgirle

I'm in contact with the people at Yoshimura to see if they can customize an exhaust (full n slip on) for our bikes. When I hear back from them, I'll let you guys/gals know what I find out. A friend of mine had one made (slip on) for her Kawi 650R and it looks sweet! So I thought I'd check it out for ours! More to follow! Hope it's good news...:)

SLAMF

That would be awesome. Do what you can girl. When I contacted them they told me they had no plans for the FZ6r

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure how many places are going to come out with a system for the FZ6R. Not only because it's a new bike, but also because the stock exhaust system is a solid one-piece unit. So a simple slip-on is out of the question without doing some cutting and welding fabrication. So that only leaves a complete system, headers and all. So it will take time for R&D and then lots of money.

cbzdel

Yeah slips ons are not possible unless you cut it off at the merge section of the header and go from there.. USA Yosh makes some good stuff, but if you see someone he paid to import something from Japan, then you really start to like Yosh, it seems like USA gets the short end of the stick with their company (compared to what is released in Japan and through Europe)

MNDZA

You think we could put a slip-on onto the Two Bros. system?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
You think we could put a slip-on onto the Two Bros. system?
I would imagine so, as long as the collectors match the size for the can. But that will be expensive to buy the TBR system and then an additional can.

msgirle

Ok, so here's the feedback directly from Yoshimura...sucks but it was worth a try!! :( I did tell him that I was disappointed that they didn't want to pursue a project for our bike because I know that many of the FZ6R owners would be willing to invest the funds into their product but if they changed their minds to let me know. I then said that we would just take our $$$ elsewhere. LOL

"Thanks for contacting us in regards to your bike.
We’ve considered a project application for your bike, however due to marketing information and sales potential we have refrained from continuing development on the FZ6R.
We do not generally do special projects that are one-off, especially now due to the economic crunch where every project we develop requires an approval based on estimated return.
I’ll definitely keep you in mind if we decide to pursue this project in the future as we’re always in need of loaner bikes."

Last edited:

cbzdel

Ok, so here's the feedback directly from Yoshimura...sucks but it was worth a try!! :( I did tell him that I was disappointed that they didn't want to pursue a project for our bike because I know that many of the FZ6R owners would be willing to invest the funds into their product but if they changed their minds to let me know. I then said that we would just take our $$$ elsewhere. LOL

"Thanks for contacting us in regards to your bike.
We’ve considered a project application for your bike, however due to marketing information and sales potential we have refrained from continuing development on the FZ6R.
We do not generally do special projects that are one-off, especially now due to the economic crunch where every project we develop requires an approval based on estimated return.
I’ll definitely keep you in mind if we decide to pursue this project in the future as we’re always in need of loaner bikes."
Its ok Leo Vince will save the day :)

phocoyote7

speaking of LeoVince, someone posted a comment about them developing an exhaust for the R, anyone got news or heard anything more? Nothing on their website.

cbzdel

Last edited: