yamaha gel or corbin seat

NYGirl

Merino Sheepskin seat cover oooohhhh nice!

I bought the Yamaha comfort seat, supposedly has gel in it, so far not so much difference from the stock seat to make it worth $150. time will tell, however.

I did have a custom made, merino wool sheepskin seat cover made, and THAT has made a big difference. I traced the seat and sent the pattern to Judy at JMS Sheepskin, the cost for two was $106 including shipping (bought for myself and a fellow FZ6R owner).

While she doesn't explicitly list motorcycle seat covers on her website jmsproductsusa.com Home Page - she will custom make anything you need. I've had her horse-saddle covers for years, and they last - a friend is using one made in 1997 on his V-Strom - the western saddle cover is the right shape for his bike!

Not a great pic, but proof that you can also go camping on a FZ6R.. the bag is the navigator tail bag from Gears Canada -
Gears Canada | Navigator Tail Bag

Have fun, ride safe!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

sammy56

I use an Airhawk seat cushion and find it very comfortable. All day comfort and it is only about $60 or so. Better trying it and if you don't like it, you're only out $60 and can then spend a few hundred on a custom seat...Russel Day Long, Corbin or something.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

sammy56

You might be correct. Iron Pony seems to have some for $100. I have had mine for a while and I guess the memory of the price keeps declining as the fish I once caught keep getting bigger...

SSgtBaarnes

I've got the Corbin seat on my bike and absolutely love it. The new seat did change my ride height position by about half an inch, but that should go down as the seat gets broken in which Corbin states is about 1000 miles. Well worth the money as far as I am concerned and the Corbin has a lifetime warranty on the materials used in construction of the seat. The seat cover has a one year warranty as this is bound to wear out depending on your usage / maintenance.

NYGirl

You didn't see my pic did you?:D Loaded for camping... I'll get more this coming weekend....

Now, to your cover, is it just a sheepskin or does it have extra padding? I've heard the sheepskin is good for heat issues, not pressure issues...

Can U Find out/Do you know if we need to resend the details you did, or could we simply state we have the same bike and want what you got for ourselves?

Thanks, and have fun MC camping! I had a blast and plan on doing it more!

P.S. It looks like just a tent on top of your gear, where's the sleeping bag/pad/pillow? Or did you get one of those super mini +40deg setups?
The cover is sheepskin only, but it is truly premium wool. Yes it helps with heat and cold, and provides a little cush too. For ultimate comfort I slip a thin (half inch) piece of memory foam (stolen from my horse's saddle pad) under it.. aaaah!

If you email Judy to order, just tell her you have a Yamaha FZ6R, and she already has the pattern since she just made two covers for Anne in NY. Pay by paypal, and she ships lightning fast.

Actually the roll is my sleeping pad, friend with larger V-Strom carried the tent, which was a 4 person, on the big side for the little FZ6R. We use inflatable pillows from Wally World. I use the tiniest possible fleece sleeping bag, bought at Dick's for $9.99 - fine for the height of summer in NY but with fall coming on I'm going to have to find something else!

Loving moto camping, quite a different experience than horse camping!

ry-mac75

Comfort seat - what's in a name?

I got the Yamaha comfort seat... yeah, don't bother. The change in 'comfort' is minimal at best. I like the corbin seat... but $439 seems pricey to me.

DragonBlu

I got the Yamaha comfort seat... yeah, don't bother. The change in 'comfort' is minimal at best. I like the corbin seat... but $439 seems pricey to me.
Thanks for deciding that for me ry-mac75. I was wondering if it was any better.

ry-mac75

No sweat - wish I would have asked before buying too! hahahahaha