XJ6 Diversion Hard Trunk on FZ6R?

Baldric

Hi,

I am currently trying to get a hard trunk for my FZ6R. I have confirmation from Yamaha and Givi that they don't have one to fit at this time.

In doing research though, I have noticed that in the UK and Europe they have a hard trunk available for the XJ6 and XJ6 Diversion. The grabrail and the whole back end looks to be the same as the FZ6R. Has anyone tried fitting a trunk and mounting bracket from an XJ6 on an FZ6R?

If anyone on this forum has an XJ6 or XJ6 Diversion, please let me know - we could compare some measurements.

Cheers
Baldric.

Baldric

Took a bit of digging but I finally received confirmation from Givi Italy that the new XJ6 Diversion '09 in Europe has the same rear seat and grab rail configuration as the FZ6R '09.

They have just released the FZ364 Monorack and PLXR364 Tubular side rack for the Diversion and confirmed it will fit the FZ6R as well. The side rack fits the V35 bags and the top box plate fits a range of different trunks.

The distributor in Canada is getting them in and the details are now on their website. I have ordered a set for my bike and it should arrive mid-June. http://www.givi.ca/en/index.php

MNDZA

Sounds cool. I can't wait to see them on your bike so maybe I'll order some for mine. Keep us updated!

fz6rwolf

Yeah I'm looking for hard side bags, can't wait to see how yours work out.

Baldric

Finally got the hard bags and rack from GIVI on Saturday and they fit!!! I also think they look pretty good....for hard luggage!
It took a couple of hours to fit the racks, but was very easy. The best thing is that the side racks are quick release so you can take them off when you don't want them on the motorcycle.
Attached are a couple of photos of the bike.

D

dean owens

looks good. and that rear fender sticking out the way it does helps the turn signals stay out of the way. i'd maybe get a set of hyperlites to put next to the license plate since your brake light seems to be hidden pretty well by the top case. either that or brake lights for the top case.

Baldric

Yeah I was also worried about the brake light visibility, but my husband was riding behind me after we fitted the bags, and he said it was very clear. Although, I will keep your suggestion in mind.... Thanks.

Cheers, Baldric.

County Tar

Givi racks for the US

Givi USA just told my dealer that its racks for the FZ6R will available in about one month. Of course, I'm not holding my breath. One month puts us into August and I understand Italy shuts down then. :D

fz6rwolf

That's what I'm talking about. Think this bike will make an excellent light sport-tourer set up like that.:D
How is the fit for passenger with the hard bags? I think my GF will like the top case, she'll feel safer having something behind her.

Last edited: