Working Hazards

fz6recon

Hi guys. (New to the site) I just got my Black FZ6R this Saturday and was wondering if anyone out there has gotten working hazards on theirs yet?
thanks

M

mogs08

Not shure what you...?:confused: Press the hazardbutten.. and there you go.. all fore flashes. Your`s dont?

fz6recon

No...I think that the FZ6S actually has working hazard lights. The FZ6R needs a little mod to do so.

B

bullofspadez

I would check with the dealer...i'm pretty sure that is a national standard for legal vehicles in the US.

There should be a button that you depress to turn them on...maybe they messed up when they put it together.

D

DaveOTZ

hazards arent standard on MCs
The button on the FZ6R is like me a Big Dummy

O

Ozfazer6

Dummy button is what I heard,One member on here has turned hers into a garage door opener !

J

jhosler

I don't have a button for the hazards on my FZ6R. It would be kinda nice to have them though.

fz6recon

You see I'm in the Army and I'm not sure if it is required to have hazards to ride on post.

tractorboy

I know...that dumb BUTTON!!! I dont really need a Garage Door openers but Man I wanna do something with that button!!!

Im thinking a mountain Dew dispenser but I have to get my drink holder installed first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F

Fred

The switches are the same as on the FZ6, right?

If so, then the only thing that's missing are some internal connections inside the switch housing. When you press the hazard switch, it's electrically the same as pushing the left and right turn signals at the exact same time.

So I bet it would be a pretty easy modification to make.

Fred

V

vdbergj1

AT LAST - the FZ6R in South Africa! The dealer got one (black) on Thursday - 20090430. Went to check it out. The controls is the same as on the FZ6 but that button is just a dummy as previously said. I don't think there is anything behind it at all. Youl need to get the correct size switch - I think jdesiano1 will know better...

D

DaveOTZ

I smell a contest... who can make the coolest FZ6R mod for dummy button... true the garage door opener is tough to beat, but something thats all 007 or something... maybe water gun button.... GOT IT... The first 2 wheeled Bidet!!!

S

Sawblade

I smell a contest... who can make the coolest FZ6R mod for dummy button... true the garage door opener is tough to beat, but something thats all 007 or something... maybe water gun button.... GOT IT... The first 2 wheeled Bidet!!!
Rear aiming windshield washer nozzle for tailgaters.

L

lytehouse

um...hope you get this all figured out.....

:welcome: to the family & ride safe!

MNDZA

True the garage door opener is hard to beat....BUT...how about a train horn?!? Just gotta figure out where to mount the air compressor and battery and stuff.

RZ350 Rider

I'm going to try to use that dummy button to operate the (to coin a phrase from a different post) small "Power Crystal" light on top of the Headlight.

RZ350 rider

her24gl

Just found this and will post in my other thread on Taillight modulators...

Another beef of mine is non-self-cancelling turnsignals!!

This appears to solve that problem, and the HAZARDS problem, but have not reseached it.

Made by signal dynamics... check out the link and all their products for more details...
http://signaldynamics.com/products/ Appears to be only for individual buttoned system, not ours. Have called the company and left a message to get back to me on our single-button signals. Will post again when I have more.

her24gl

Re: Working Hazards - Finally something??

Just came across this. Check this out. Appears to be turn signal canceler, running lights, hazards, and with some kind of brake light modulation, but not sure of the details. Will contact the company on Tuesday. Anyone have any experience with these, or this company?

Safety Electronics For Motorcycles

Have a safe and wonderful holiday everyone. Thank a serviceperson. Pray for all our troops, past and present. All gave some, some gave all. Never forget.

:Flash:;):D:thumbup: