Wierd Pop

lilfuzz

I was riding around town today. Pulling onto main streat shirting from 2nd to 3rd. In the middle of the shift a loud pop and a small jerk happened......... I dont know the cause if anybody has any thoughts I'd liek to hear em. Bike was just serviced 2 weeks ago. Chain is within tension spec's, and I havn't found anything to be broken yet.

fz6rwolf

Don't know, hasn't happened to me and I have about 2,000 miles in all kinds of terrain so far.:confused:

MNDZA

When you say loud pop, are you talking about a mechanical pop or was it something from the exhaust? I'm thinking that you weren't fully in gear and then it popped in and jerked forward. Happened to me once.

unleased1287

i had the same thing happen to me too dont know what it was sounded like it came from the bottom of the engine only happened once and i have like 1400 miles probably happened around 1350 or so but so far haven't had that happen again if it does im going to take it to the dealer and explain it to them. it defently wasn't stone and was only going maybe 30 in town speed limit dont know thou if i find out more about i will post it