Weird turn signal fault

geko

Had my XJ6 Diversion for about 3 months now, 1700 miles on it.

Yesterday rode out with the partner stopped for an hour. Jumped back on the bikes and after a couple of minutes she says 'why aren't you signaling' Well I thought was but after flicking the turn switch left/right/cancel a couple of times sure enough it's not working.

We pull over, have a quick discussion about what to do - then I think I'll just try turning the ignition off and on - working in the IT industry turning it off and on again fixes 90% of faults :) and sure enough the turn signals are working normally again.

Any one else seen this problem?

Regards

Pete

FitZ6R

Any one else seen this problem?
As they say in ths IT industry, "what problem? It's fine now." :D

Seriously, this is a new one to me. It wouldn't surprise me on my GM vehicle, which has a computer module that controls everything, but I thought the lighting on on these bikes was pretty basic.

I can't find anything in the manual now, but do we have self-canceling signals?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

husker525

Check the bullet connectors located under the right rear side panel. Mine was doing the same thing, and had a bad connection for the rear turn signals.

adam_fozz

Hey, I some issues with the turn signals after I put on some mini indicators. It was caused by slightly higher voltages on the new bulbs than on the older ones. You havent got a tail tidy have you?

CrazyCawi

dead thread revival :) lol....geko hasnt been on for a few months adam so finding a response in this thread may be a slim chance.

geko

Hey, I some issues with the turn signals after I put on some mini indicators. It was caused by slightly higher voltages on the new bulbs than on the older ones. You havent got a tail tidy have you?
I have got a tail tidy, but it uses the OEM indicators.

I hadn't seen the problem again until a couple of weeks ago with 8,500 miles on it now. Was in torrential rain on a dual carrigeway and the indicators stop working :eek:

Pulled over at the first safe opportunity to check it out - sure enough - ignition off/on and normal service was resumed - did a further 200 odd miles that day in the rain without an issue or since.