Weekend NH, VT, and NY tour on FZ1 with pics

Brock Kickass

My friend and I hit the road after work Friday night for a weekend in the saddle. We shot from Arnprior ON, near Ottawa, to Sherbrooke QC Friday night. Nothing eventful, just freeway buzzing at 80-90mph to get closer to good roads for the weekend.

Saturday morning we headed East from Sherbrooke and crossed in to Northern NH at the top of US Route 3. We rode South to the White Mountain State Forest, and crossed it back and forth. After that we grabbed lunch and set sail for Lake Placid, via running up and down the top half of VT. Crossing Lake Champlain on US Route 2 was pretty cool, riding the causeway out to Grand Isle. We caught the ferry over to NY from there because we had a ton of miles on that day already and need a little break.

Sunday we awoke in Wilmington NY, near Lake Placid, and watched a bit of the Ironman Triathlon as the bicycle portion was passing immediately in front of our hotel. We rode to the top of Whiteface Mountain and took some pics, and then hit some Upstate NY backroads and assaulted some sweepers with extreme prejudice. I have to say, the FZ1 is built for high-speed sweepers. When it takes a set, you can practically hear a *click.

All told, we logged just over 1000 miles from my shop to home. It was a blast, lots of amazing scenery and really fun running. I also noticed some cool Yamahas as we toured. I saw 2 Gen 1 FZ1's, a Gen 2 FZ1, an FZ8, and a Fazer (FZ8 with fairing.) No pics, because I was moving when I saw each of them. Here are some shots of the scenery and my bike, though, and I think my buddy's GSX650F crept in to one or two. If you're thinking of riding this part of America, I say do it! Lots of friendly folks, and straight roads are rare.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member