Vote now for June BOTM!!!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Go vote for your favorite photo!!

June 2014 BOTM

PS - any photos added now will be removed. You missed your chance, save them for next month.

jammer

How do u vote

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Follow the link and click vote under the picture you choose.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

latony007

close up pictures of bikes, or even just a rear tire, or majestic backgrounds have all won, but if someone wants a guaranteed winner find some hot chick to stand next to your bike. or steal Dakinechicks picture LOL.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

i think it has to be both, a good shot of the bike with a good background. We have seen so many something different doesnt hurt. However my last one was in front of this beautiful malibu lake and JT won with the picture of his rear tire so what the hell do i know lol

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
I just wanted a nice pic of my bike. It is not background of the month. No offense to those of you that win based on backgrounds. I have a 16 megapixel camera on my phone, better than the 7 megapixel camera that's been sitting in a drawer for years. Photography is not a hobby of mine and I'd rather not spend my money on a camera. To each his own. I've never entered before and have spent a lot of time and money modding my bike so thought what the heck. I didn't take the pic with botm in mind. After my surgeries this off season and therapy I'm just glad to be able to ride.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Exactly right...it's not photo/background of the month, it's bike of the month...best looking/most appealing bike. I think a cool background takes away from the bike, but just my 2 pennies..

latony007

Exactly right...it's not photo/background of the month, it's bike of the month...best looking/most appealing bike. I think a cool background takes away from the bike, but just my 2 pennies..
you all certainly have a valid opinion. I just think we all have the same bike and the same colors and a lot of the same mods so it just gets a little boring after a few years so the background becomes more important.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

latony007

Exactly. Set up the bike in front of a fountain or other neat architectural building in town or even an old abandoned factory/barn would look cool.

My point is, you're trying to sell your bike to voters. All the voters see here is one pic of your bike, so you'd be better off getting the best picture of it you can. I don't care if you have the best looking 6R on the planet, if you post up a blurry pic of it in your driveway, I'd still vote for the guy who has a bone stock bike with a better picture.

Scott,

I'm only saying all of this because you were complaining about only having one vote, and I'm trying to explain a possible reason why. To sit and give excuses as to why you can't/won't put up a nicer photo of a very nice bike probably won't get you better results, unless you get some sympathy votes. If you don't have time/desire to at least try to take a decent picture, then perhaps don't be surprised by the results of a picture based competition. In a real world side by side competition, you might win hands down against this competition, but when all we have to go on is a picture, that picture matters.

And it's true only one member posted a pic outside of their driveway. Guess which one I voted for? :thumbup:
agreed it doesnt have to be a majestic mountain or whatever. someone did theirs against a wall with a bunch of graifiti on it that looked cool. I have not put one up for a while but i put one up for July cause when i was out last week there was this cool rock i parked next to so took a shot with my phone.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

lwclancers

I need to remember I can resubmit my pic that lost in May by a few votes. :)