Throttle Control

wrightme43

Admin of Socks & Puppets
M

mikebike

that is some interesting stuff.... very thought provoking .... I do not usually think that process through so thoroughly thanks for sharing

wrightme43

Admin of Socks & Puppets
Its really really cool if you read his book. You probley know that 40/60 weight balance frt/rear is best in a cornor. Just moving your throttle a few millimeters can transfer 150 lbs frt/rear. What happens if you let off in the middle?
What happens if you stay on?
What happens if you rap it open then off?

H

hunterfz6

yeah

i'm on the 3rd chapter now. its already made me aware of so much. i'm still scared stiff of too much speed. I was riding with a guy on a suzuki 600 and when we both got out of a right turn, it became a straight and he got on it, then i dropped to 5th and opened the throttle. i was going so fast, that the car way way out ahead of me suddenly was rushing upon me so fast i almost crapped my pants. I used my 2 finger brake cover to squeeze 2 times in short pulses and bled off my speed fast enough to pass safely. bad judgement on my part, with adrenelin from the guy on the suzuki, i did though, smoke him. after the fact, i was never in any danger, i mean if i still kept the throttle open yeah, i'd be dead. but the gap wasnt that bad, it just suprised me how fast that little yammy can go.