Swingarm sliders?

rayden56

Just wondering if anyone also had swingarm sliders on their fz6r, if so what brand and where did they get it. Can you even get swingarm sliders for the fz6r? Thanks.

Root Down

I hate to ask but did you pay in Euros for that? Do you have to have spools for a rear stand? I just ordered a set of stands tonight and should get some spools on the way if I need them for the rear stand. Thanks again!

FitZ6R

I just ordered a set of stands tonight and should get some spools on the way if I need them for the rear stand.
Which stands did you order? Some require spools, some don't.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I hate to ask but did you pay in Euros for that? Do you have to have spools for a rear stand? I just ordered a set of stands tonight and should get some spools on the way if I need them for the rear stand. Thanks again!
I paid in USD. The total is shown in Euros, but the bank does the conversion for you when you pay (plus a very nominal fee). You don't have to have spools to use a rear stand, but it eliminates the risk of scratching the swingarm and possibly allowing rust to develop. Plus, swingarm spools are easier to catch when you are lifting the bike by yourself. You just line the hooks up and away you go.

cbzdel

I would get those spools if they made an adapter for my HF stand, only because the padding has already worn off my stand pads, and now I have it wrapped in duct tape, kinda ghetto looking but it still works haha!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I would get those spools if they made an adapter for my HF stand, only because the padding has already worn off my stand pads, and now I have it wrapped in duct tape, kinda ghetto looking but it still works haha!
Yeah, that is what I was afraid would happen eventually, so that is why I went ahead and got the spools.

Root Down

I got the stands today and these things seem real cheap. I'm likely going to send them back. If I do, which stands would you recommend? I'd like to get some that I can keep the bike on for weeks at a time though the winter. I would also like to get a rear stand that I do not need spools for. The reason I don't want spools is because I can't find any that you can buy with dollars instead of euros ;) If anyone knows of spools you can buy with dollars, I'm all in. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I got the stands today and these things seem real cheap. I'm likely going to send them back. If I do, which stands would you recommend? I'd like to get some that I can keep the bike on for weeks at a time though the winter. I would also like to get a rear stand that I do not need spools for. The reason I don't want spools is because I can't find any that you can buy with dollars instead of euros ;) If anyone knows of spools you can buy with dollars, I'm all in. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
It doesn't really matter if it's in euros or USD unless your bank refuses to do it. It's only a couple dollars for the conversion fee, so it's not that bad.

As for stands, I have the PitPosse front and rear stands. The rear stands can accept either spools or lift the swingarm. They are really good quality, and therefore are a bit more expensive than some of the others. I have put the bike up and sat on it, and it was very stable.