Some help with rear LED signals anyone...?

andru71

So I've been trying to install rear LED turn signals. I've bought some LED signals made by oxford products . Long story short I kinda bought them on a whim at a Honda dealer, but that shouldn't matter. They came with resistors and typical positive and negative wires so I figured they'd be all good.

I then bought these plug and play wire connectors. I realize the stock wire connectors only have a positive and negative but I don't think the third wire on these wire connectors should matter as I'm not using it but maybe it's having some interference. It's a black wire with white rings on it.

I hook up the LEDs into the resistors, then into the wire connectors and plug those into the bikes grey and black plugs for the turn signals. However when I go to test them I'm not getting any sort of signal out of the LEDs and the fronts, either the left or right depending on which one I'm testing, but not both at the same time, just flash at a rapid pace. I was led to believe this was very easy by the dealer who sold me the LEDs but now I'm just very confused and obviously new to all this, any help would be appreciated. If you want pictures let me know.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

andru71

It doesn't sound like you are hooking them up properly. Black is ground on stock wiring. I wouldn't even deal with the resistors, I just changed the whole relay, it is about $30 and takes 2 minutes. Get that here:

Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Relay - Plug And Play
Thanks. I played around with it some more and quickly realized the wire connector I bought had the wires mixed up, the black wire with white rings is the positive wire and the black one is the negative. I'll take the village idiot label for the time being haha. Finally got the LEDs to work, will put some pics up soon. Cheers.