So long old friend!

DragonBlu

Just got back from a funeral service for an old friend and fellow rider. This guy was a legend in our area. He rode dirt and street for 60 years. Flat out was his style! He was just a great old gentleman. He had a stroke about ten years ago and could no longer ride. I was visiting one day and he ask me to come look at his bike out in the garage. He had a smile on his face from ear to ear when he told me he had it to 140mph one time. It was the "BUSA" of it's day and sat there in his garage in near mint condition as he always took great care of his bikes. It was a 1985 Honda 1100 Sabre and he had bought it new when he retired. He and I both knew he could never ride again, but I did not ask what he was going to do with his bike. I had too much respect for him to do that. A couple days later he called and ask if I would be interested in buying it. Without hesitation and without asking how much I said yes. I went over and bought all his leathers,helmet,and gloves he wanted to sell. The day I picked up the bike he stood outside as I swung a leg over and reached out to shake his hand. I looked him in the face and his eyes welled up with tears. He was a true BIKER.