So it began...

vkamnev

Removed the last damaged parts and took a closer look at what I need.

Just ordered parts for $300, mostly minor things required first attention.

List is:

1 of 36P-15411-01-00 - Yamaha - COVER, CRANKCASE 1
1 of 5VX-15451-01-00 - Yamaha - GASKET, CRANKCASE COVER 1
1 of 4BH-27451-01-00 - Yamaha - FOOTREST
1 of 90508-20572-00 - Yamaha - SPRING, TORSION
1 of 20S-18110-01-00 - Yamaha - SHIFT PEDAL ASSY
1 of 5EB-18113-00-00 - Yamaha - COVER, SHIFT PEDAL
1 of 5VS-25852-00-00 - Yamaha - CAP, RESERVOIR
1 of 5VS-25867-00-00 - Yamaha - BRACKET, MASTER CYLINDER
2 of 4H7-23441-01-P6 - Yamaha - HOLDER, HANDLE UPPER | MBL2
4 of 341-23469-00-00 - Yamaha - CAP, BOLT

That's all stock from Yamaha Accessories : Yamaha OEM Parts : Yamaha USA (very recommended for stock parts, some are 25% cheaper when elsewhere, including stealership, shipping to Calgary is just $22 - will take about 2 weeks, but i have time :D)

Also ordered levers from thetwowheels (thanks CC), orange with "Yamaha" on brake lever and "FZ6Nu" on clutch lever :D

Keeping the bike and going naked, even if I'll have to replace the frame!

German ebay and our European friend for stock XJ6n fairing and some kind of handlebars are next on the list!

Last edited:

6R Blackout

Doesn't sound like a bad deal being all that you ordered and only paid $300, thats pretty good I would have thought a few hundred more.

vkamnev

that's small things and $300 is including levers - $44

But yeah, they're pretty cheap. Frame is only $650 - other places $800-$1400...

vkamnev

quick question here.

I'm looking on r6 front fork and thinking - does it worth that? yes, I know it'll require some machining after but I don't really like 6r's - too soft IMO. Basically, the question is - how much it will improve handling and is there a set of stiffer springs for 6r available?

CDN6R

I am no expert here but I am sure that there are springs avaliable. Perhaps not for the 6R per-say but for a bike with the same size front forks. So look at the specs of your front forks and do a search for that same size.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

vkamnev

Thanks for ideas. Checked everything and thinking I'll go hyperpro if pricing is reasonable.

Just checked on a bike, it was much easier with a new cast. Wheels are not alligned. Seems like front wheel and triple tree are not In the same line. There is like 5 degrees difference but fork itself looks fine. Aligning front wheel straight and both wheels are on the same line.

So, question is, can I adjust alignment of the fork or it's not adjustable and I need a new one? If it is fixable, please describe how to and what tools I'll need.

Thanks!!

If you suspect the forks are tweaked but don't want to go through the whole shebang, there's a short cut.

Support the weight of the bike on the jack or center stand, and loosen the front axle. Remove the lock nut, and then try to slide the axle out of the fork. If it comes away with little effort, the forks are in alignment. If the axle has to be pounded out, it's a safe bet the forks are slightly tweaked. Of course that presumes the axle hasn't been rusted into place.

Read more: http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/tech/1010_crup_front_fork_alignment/index.html#ixzz21P49FJ9U
gonna try that first

Last edited: