So Cal Burn Ride for Charity

latony007

Took the wife and cruiser to the first annual Southern California Burn Ride benefiting the Grossman Burn Center here in L.A. which helps a ton of burn and accident victims every year.

It was a poker run covering 5 stops (the last being the dealer i bought my FZ6R from). a poker run for those that dont know involves stopping at several locations and each rider gets a random playing card. The rider with the best hand upon return wins a prize. Anyway about 140 bikes showed up which was a great turn out for this inaugural event.

The ride started at the sagebrush cantina at the foot of the Malibu hills and Mulholland highway. They had complimentary breakfast waiting for riders and passengers, clear directions on where to park, a pictures stop in front of a banner. Well put together. they also had several raffles and auctions going on. Took off on the poker run about 10, weather could not possibly have been better and the route took about 4 hours with extended stops at each poker location. especially the one i sat waiting for stupid starbucks forever. Was probably around 80 miles distance wise through the canyon to the coast highway around and back. I highly recommend it to people, it was a lot of fun and got to benefit a great cause. You can check it out at this site and plan to come next year if your in the area. Lost of harleys but i did see several R6s and even a couple hyabusas. Donations were 30 to ride and 15 for passenger. Did include a tshirt, ride pin and a couple other give aways. I had to leave before the raffles were called but my buddy says i wont 20 laps at irwindale speedway so stoked about that.

SoCal Burn Ride | Riding to Benefit Burn Survivors

defiant26

Man that is awesome. Poker runs are a blast. It sounds like that one was very well put together. Glad you had fun and congratulations on the track time. That is freaking awesome!