Riding on MAY 3RD around bear mtn area, NY...nothing but twisties n scenery!!

QWiCkFliCk

Taking my normal route on thursday, 5/3/12 around Bear mountain, NY...anyone is welcome to join! as the title says these roads are very twisty...goin from decreased radius turns, pretty good back to back sweeps, a lot of elevation changes and the best thing is there is not too much highway miles just the good stuff!!:Sport:

heres the map check it out: THE RIDE

Meeting place: palisades mall parking lot ( gas station close by if u need )
Time: 9:30/10:00

i hope four days prior is good enough time for some people to make it

ORIGINAL THREAD: Riding on MAY 3RD around bear mtn area...nothing but twisties n scenery!! - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

DaveMK

Taking my normal route on thursday, 5/3/12 around Bear mountain, NY...anyone is welcome to join! as the title says these roads are very twisty...goin from decreased radius turns, pretty good back to back sweeps, a lot of elevation changes and the best thing is there is not too much highway miles just the good stuff!!:Sport:

heres the map check it out: THE RIDE

Meeting place: palisades mall parking lot ( gas station close by if u need )
Time: 9:30/10:00

i hope four days prior is good enough time for some people to make it

ORIGINAL THREAD: Riding on MAY 3RD around bear mtn area...nothing but twisties n scenery!! - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum
Bear mountain is a little shy of an hour from me. Would love to join ya but I can't make it that day cause of stoooopid work :(

Wouldn't mind tagging along some other time, however I'm a newbie and just started leaning hard and never took any twisties yet.

QWiCkFliCk

Bear mountain is a little shy of an hour from me. Would love to join ya but I can't make it that day cause of stoooopid work :(

Wouldn't mind tagging along some other time, however I'm a newbie and just started leaning hard and never took any twisties yet.
brooklyn is kinda far! i ride this pretty often so ill be setting up another ride soon hopefully u can come then...dont worry we take it slow no need to rush or keep up...if u get the chance watch twist of the wrist 2: very informative!!

QWiCkFliCk

ride is POSTPONED to either MAY 12 or 13 due to rain! 40% chance tomorrow:(

let me know if these days are good

QWiCkFliCk

redprodigy35

I can get down tomorrow if the weather is OK -- or the 12th!

These roads really are twisty-- well some of them.
I remember last year I was out here and went a little too hot into a left-- elevation drop-- scary stuff:disapprove:!
I went home with alot to think about that day.

**I just looked @ the original thread on your forums and it sounds like the "knee drag corner" towards the bottom is where I had my wtf moment.

Last edited:

QWiCkFliCk

I can get down tomorrow if the weather is OK -- or the 12th!

These roads really are twisty-- well some of them.
I remember last year I was out here and went a little too hot into a left-- elevation drop-- scary stuff:disapprove:!
I went home with alot to think about that day.

**I just looked @ the original thread on your forums and it sounds like the "knee drag corner" towards the bottom is where I had my wtf moment.
We are still goin tomorrow (about 3 people) and on the 12th or 13th! if ur coming tomorrow ill be infront of lord and taylor at the palisades mall at 10am...pm me ur phone number. im goin to send u mine now.

Bluefang

Woot for the 12th! :)

Alright so I'm in texas with my fz6r right now.. But flying up to NJ next week and still have my old 250 there. Would love to get in a ride if you guys don't mind me tagging along with a lack of 6r.

QWiCkFliCk

Woot for the 12th! :)

Alright so I'm in texas with my fz6r right now.. But flying up to NJ next week and still have my old 250 there. Would love to get in a ride if you guys don't mind me tagging along with a lack of 6r.
howdy! not at all! ull be flicking that 250 around like nothing! hopefully the weather is good! majority rules on which date is chosen..keep an eye on the original thread