Recommend some gloves for me

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

sammy56

I don't have a recommendation on gloves per say, but whatever gloves you get, I do recommend getting "grease monkey PVC coated" gloves for when caught in the rain. Just get them big enough to put them over your riding gloves when raining....will be the best $5 you ever spent. Get 'em at Home Depot.....

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Detrich

If air flow isnt an issue, just get glove liners and the larger size leather gauntlets. Leather gauntlets are always better protection.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

besides leather (cow), have you tried any other type of hide, like kangaroo or deer? might get a better fit with something else, and will stretch/shape to conform to your hand

Held always gets good reviews.

do you have a cyclegear near you? where you can try on lots of makes to see which fits best

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

BKP

I've had a pair of Alpinestars WR-3 Gore Tex insulated gloves for three or four seasons now that I wear for cold/wet riding. Great gloves. Hands have never gotten wet and I've ridden in some pretty good downpours for hours where even though it was the middle of the day I could hardly see the clouds were so dark and the rain was coming down so hard. I was worried about a lot of things (helmet fogging/leaking, hydroplaning, etc), but not wet hands.

They keep my hands warm down to about 40 or 45 degrees F. I did put DualStar grip heaters on my handlebars though because my fingertips would get cold below those temps.

I'd been looking around for some *serious* cold weather gloves (my hands are cold natured, even though my "serious cold" is probably your temperately cold). I looked at these, but the reviews said not below 50 degrees without grip heaters.

Wish I saw your endorsement earlier (considering where you live), because I just pulled the trigger on these high ticket puppies (after agonizing for a week over spending this much on *gloves*):

Alpinestars Tech Road Gore-Tex Gloves - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

DaIrishman

Semi cold weather gloves

Up here in CT I use the Alpinestars C2 gloves for early spring and late fall riding.

They are windproof and good to somewhere in the mid 40's (1/2 hour or so) give or take. The gloves give a great feel with the windproof layer over the protective surfaces and leather on the inside.

I like em and they warm up quick when you hit the lights or stop for a bit in the cold. The one rain storm I ran into didn't have any noticeable affect on them either.

For comparison they run just a bit larger than the same size glove from A*'s (SMX-2) that I have, so they might give you the stretch you want.