PCV maps for Aussie fuel?

Bert-Aus

Does anyone have a fuel map that they have created for Australian fuel conditions?

Maybe a fellow Aus rider using PCV or Juice Box has had their ride put through a dyno and is willing to share?

I have been using Marthy's maps for past 2 months (been great -no slight against his work)
but recent discussions regarding fuel mixtures in Australia vs US has had me rethinking the mix ratios for optimum power/ efficiency.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Will give it a shot and report back.

Yesterday I simply created a blank map with 0's
-assuming that that would be the equivalent of the raw ECU, have commuted today seems less gurgly/ backfiring

patm80

auto tune

I recently installed a power commander v along with an autotune and full 2 bros exhaust and when I ran the autotune it seems to be adjusting the 2bros map a lot leaner so if I want to adjust the whole power commander map marthy I just highlight the whole map and just hit the down arrow until it says 4% is that right?

patm80

% adjust

I figured out how to adjust the whole map I was trying to use the arrow button to lower it 4% but nothing was happening until I tried the pgdn button and I saw all the values decrease but my question is what did you mean by the 7% thing should I just adjust 4% or anywhere from 4-7% decrease my email is [email protected] if you could get back to me it would be much appreciated regards, Patrick.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

I figured out how to adjust the whole map I was trying to use the arrow button to lower it 4% but nothing was happening until I tried the pgdn button and I saw all the values decrease but my question is what did you mean by the 7% thing should I just adjust 4% or anywhere from 4-7% decrease my email is [email protected] if you could get back to me it would be much appreciated regards, Patrick.
What I was explaining in the above post is that to go from 13:1 to 14:1 fuel ratio... that's about 7% trim on the PCV. Since E10 FR is 14.1:1 and regular gas is 14.7:1... you need to change the fuel mixture of 0.6, that is 4% on the PCV. Lean out 4% all across and give that a try.
After select all values, Hit PageDown 4 times

patm80

4% adjust

just a quick question when highliting the whole map should I leave the 0-1250 rpm sections alone and just highlight the rest or highlight even between 0-1250 rpm aswell? because I was just wondering if decreasing that section would affect the idle

Bert-Aus

I included that area when I did my adjustment, as below and have not noticed anything of concern.
Seems like the auto-choke covers that during warm up and when at lights idle seems fine.

But i am not a dyno guy and no expert, purely relying on info supplied by others via this forum.

Bert-Aus

Update

I have been comparing Touring RevD (-4%) and Danmoto (-4%) over the last month (Sept) with the DBK installed and switching between Maps at refuelling stops

My mileage for the maps is thus
Touring RevD (-4%) nominal 260kms
Danmoto (-4%) nominal 310kms (note: Map is leaner tune than RevD)

*these results are from a mix of commute and hills riding
3 weeks time will be the ultimate test, when I migrate east for the MotoGP

*I think I will keep the DBK in place as it generates the sound I like, without OTT gurgles, backfires and volume

*Updated distances following MotoGP long distance testing and these were running tank down to about 1.25L remaining

Last edited:

VRIIClubby

Marthy, (anyone else)

If im using V-Power only (98-100 octane) this is about 14.4:1 from what I can find out (me no understrand this BS lol)
So do I only go 2%? or is that over simplistic?

(Can anyone tell me why e10 sits @ 14.7 in Aus compared to Marthy at 14.?)

Bert-Aus

Update
After the last two months (late Oct to mid Dec) of only running Danmoto (-4%).
I switched back this week to using Touring RevD (-4%)

Upon switching the map I immediately rediscovered the extra boost in low rpm power from RevD.
:steve:It's just nice to be able to switch things around from time to time