Passenger helmet hanger.

AfDevin86

Any ideas on how to fabricate a passenger helmet hanger that won't scratch my paint? I have a F/E on it too. :confused:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
The FZ6R comes with a braided cable in the tool bag to hang your helmet from the little bar under the passenger seat. I just thread the cable through the chin straps, then latch the seat back down and set my helmet on the passenger seat.

cbzdel

there are alot of threads about this!! doesnt anyone read the owners manual??

T

TownsendsFJR1300

I got a helmet guardian and re-keyed it to fit the ignition. I then made a bracket (aluminum- about 1" wide, 1/8" thick) that bolts under the rt side passenger foot peg backet and sticks backward some(just enought for the lock).

I replaced the stock left side lockwith a similar bracket plus it goes forward about 1" . On the forward tab, I have a BMW style electrical outlet there(for chargers, clothing, etc). The stock one sat a little too far inward for me and these both match and look stock...

Be advised, Helmet guardian looks the exact same as the Yamaha lock however you can get it in two different style keys (one will fit your bike, the other has the offset opposite...

Scott