Non fz6 motorcycle section up and running.

poorwboy

Come in here and discuss other bikes you have owned, What you liked and disliked. Discuss other bikes that interest you. Ask questions about other bikes.
Have fun and enjoy.

S

sportrider

I used to own a Yamaha XS850 Special. it was an air cooled triple, standard. I loved the engine, hated the shaft effect. in corners the back end would stand up under acceleration. it also needed a 6th gear topped out at 121 MPH(the speedo only went up to 85 but my brother matched speeds with me on his R6)

H

hobbit

most Yammie shaft drives feel like they need a 6th gear unless its a full power Vmax:rockon:

H

hobbit

i have been on the back of one to get fuel when my star ran out 35miles from were we were going what a beast even 2 up it flew and i mean flew scary fast but only because the brakes and suspension belong in the bin give it good brakes and suspension like the streetfighter crowd over here do and you have a R1 killer specially in a straight line still a handful in the twisities:D

poorwboy

Right on guys lets have some more. Start your own threads about paticular bikes and lets discuss.

H

hobbit

how about some more iconic bikes, bikes that broke the mould - Britten with its hub steering a bike nobody will every get to ride and its hub steering siblings GTR1000 from Yam, the new Bimota Testi.
More down to earth Machines like Gsxr 1100 slabside, the first R1's the Blades all marks on motorcycle history, the self detontating 2-strokes.
I know i wanted a Suzuki RGV250 2 stroke when i started to ride it was the pinicle of mental 250 2 stroke, fragile,light and wicked fast, the closest thing to a full race bike with lights on the road, others out there where the Kwak KR-1S or the Kris as it became known and the exotic Aprilia RS250 even more bonkers and fragile than the Suzuki an twice as much :eek:

poorwboy

how about some more iconic bikes, bikes that broke the mould - Britten with its hub steering a bike nobody will every get to ride and its hub steering siblings GTR1000 from Yam, the new Bimota Testi.
More down to earth Machines like Gsxr 1100 slabside, the first R1's the Blades all marks on motorcycle history, the self detontating 2-strokes.
I know i wanted a Suzuki RGV250 2 stroke when i started to ride it was the pinicle of mental 250 2 stroke, fragile,light and wicked fast, the closest thing to a full race bike with lights on the road, others out there where the Kwak KR-1S or the Kris as it became known and the exotic Aprilia RS250 even more bonkers and fragile than the Suzuki an twice as much :eek:
Sounds good start a thread and we all can pick at it.:thumbup: