Newbie..

fizzergirl

Hi Girls...THought i would introduce myself:wav: My name is Mel and i live in australia and just bought by fz6r..and loving it..look forward to meeting other girls who ride as well..

xplodnstar

Welcome!!! Hope you love your new bike as much as I love mine. :)

thatklutzychick

So nice to know there are other women on the forums. I'm officially getting my first bike (a Raven) next weekend and put a deposit down on it today. -Jen

xplodnstar

Welcome, welcome. Congrats on your new bike!

Stephenfz6r

You guys seriously have no idea how stoked I am about this bike :D Any tips for a first time rider like me?
Take it easy, read a lot, and if you haven't , take a course. Remember you have nothing to prove.

Enjoy the bike:D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

thatklutzychick

take it slow...
Trust me, I don't plan on hitting triple digits an doing wheelies until at least my second week :justkidding:

Seriously though, my plan is to use surface streets and drive like a grandma until I'm comfortable enough to go at least 70 mph on the freeways. SD drivers can be crazy so I'm going to need to keep up whenever I feel ready.

ME_with_a_B

My advice: wear your gear. All of it. All the time.

That way you don't have to worry about what happens to your skin when you wipe out (fall down) and you'll be able to focus and concentrate more on riding then what happens if you crash.

Trust me, everything thing you DON'T have to think about while riding makes your ride that much more enjoyable.

I've logged 22,000 miles in 18 months (with time out for winter in Chicago), and loved all of them. Okay, maybe not quite every single one of them -- days and days in the rain get old fast -- but I'm thankful I wear my gear because of the few minor mishaps I've had.