New Rider Questions

bikernoob03

Alright I am a new rider when it comes to bikes and am seeking assistance. To start off my whole family grew up around motorcycles and they have always wanted to teach me how to ride. I finally caved in and my uncle gave me a ride around town on his bike and I fell in love with the feeling of riding:D Soon after he began to teach me the basic controls and changing gears and what not. I have started looking for a msf course and I have also began looking for a first bike. I am 5'10 155lbs and the Ninja 250r just didn't feel right to me. Tomorrow I will go to the local yamaha dealer to sit on the FZ6R. I was wondering if this bike would be pushing it for me or would it be a good starting point? As far as support goes with riding I don't think that there will be a problem because of the extensive riding history in my family.

As I reread this it doesn't seem like I'm asking a question:p I guess what I'm asking is would this bike suit a beginner, and what kind of problems do these bikes have? What would the fixes be for these problems?

Thanks for any help!
P.S. great broad glad I finally joined:D

joloy133

This bike would be good 4 U. No problems with mine. Everything this bike does is smooth; throttle, brakes, shifting. Read the reports. Good Luck

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
You should have no trouble with this bike. It was my first bike and I am 10 pounds lighter than you. Like joloy said, everything on this bike is smooth. It's not jerky or snappy and the power is usable all the way through the powerband. With a family (read: support staff) that is that familiar with MC, you should be just fine. :thumbup:

I say go for it, then get back to us with some pictures of your new bike! ;)

oyamyers

:welcome:I agree with joylo and 99. This will be a good bike for you to start out on. I taught my 19 year old how to ride on mine and he quickly learned how to handle this bike. It has the power when you need it but doesn't feel like it wants to toss you off. Comfortable riding position for new riders as well as us who have been riding for years. Good luck to you and be sure to keep us updated on your choice.

cbzdel

You should have no trouble with this bike. It was my first bike and I am 10 pounds lighter than you. Like joloy said, everything on this bike is smooth. It's not jerky or snappy and the power is usable all the way through the powerband. With a family (read: support staff) that is that familiar with MC, you should be just fine. :thumbup:

I say go for it, then get back to us with some pictures of your new bike! ;)
you weight 140!! eat a freaking hamburger or two haha :eek:

back on topic, I say on a ninja and felt way more comfortable on this bike.. Plus everyone uses a Ninja as an upgrade bike, you just keep it until you want more.. a 600cc is enough to get into plenty of trouble hahah!!! But remember the motorcycle is only as fast as the rider twists the throttle, that being said take if easy at first and you will do great! :thumbup:

bikernoob03

Thanks everybody for the advice. Later today I'll head back out to the dealer to check the bike out again and figure out the pricing.

Roaddawg

Like everyone else has stated, this is a great bike to learn on that you won't soon outgrow. It's very forgiving, but still has plenty of power to get you going. I'm way more pleased with this bike and have absolutely no regrets on buying it. I've been riding it to work (San Francisco) almost everyday this month and it's been great through the heavy commute. No complaints at all...except people referring to it as a "beginner bike". It's got more than enough power and capable handling than I'll ever need.