New rider, day 3 riding VIDEO!

FazerWest

hello again girls!!!

so today was another slow maneuver day, yay, i am enjoying the learning, i really am, i am in no rush to put myself in a position i dont want to be in. I am finding out though that the FZ6R doesnt like me slow maneuvering it for long periods of time, my water temp was up to 230, and i killed it at the incline, and it did NOT want to start back up, so i let the fan run for a bit and when it hit 215 it started back up...hope the bike can handle the vegas heat come may! rode for 3 hours today, totalling 6 hours of practice so far, put almost 60 miles on the bike, i am loving it so much everyday!!!

anyways it was swirving, weaving, incline, and me locking up the rear tire doing a quick stop! haha! oops!

enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Lw4cjWi7Q&feature=plcp&context=C3930dd9UDOEgsToPDskJveSgHCghvW2rd6kooAZTr]Riding day 3! I locked up the rear tire!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Rookasaki

(Guy posting in the girls channel)
Awesome! You're looking good, very smooth, nice clutch work.. Although you did kill it after your hubby/boy friend gave you a compliment ;) Keep up the good work, looking forward to following your videos and progress! :thumbup:

FazerWest

(Guy posting in the girls channel)
Awesome! You're looking good, very smooth, nice clutch work.. Although you did kill it after your hubby/boy friend gave you a compliment ;) Keep up the good work, looking forward to following your videos and progress! :thumbup:
Thanks!!! yes i know i did kill it, lol but i thought i was in 1st, and i was in 2nd, so i am learning what i am doing wrong and what not to do lol. wish this bike had a gear indicator, that would be nice! but hey not knowing is ok too! i like your video's as well!!!!

Rookasaki

Thanks!!! yes i know i did kill it, lol but i thought i was in 1st, and i was in 2nd, so i am learning what i am doing wrong and what not to do lol. wish this bike had a gear indicator, that would be nice! but hey not knowing is ok too! i like your video's as well!!!!
Thanks... My videos aren't really "How to's" etc.. Just me breaking the speed limit here and there :surrender: which I don't promote and suggest;)

What does your (sorry not sure what the title is) boyfriend/husband ride? He seems very proud of you riding :thumbup:

FazerWest

Thanks... My videos aren't really "How to's" etc.. Just me breaking the speed limit here and there :surrender: which I don't promote and suggest;)

What does your (sorry not sure what the title is) boyfriend/husband ride? He seems very proud of you riding :thumbup:
Hubby has a limited edition 2007 kawasaki meanstreak, its a 1600 cc cruiser, he was hoping i was going to get a cruiser, but when i sat on them i just didnt like the foot position from having my feet so far in front of me, i felt like if i had to move fast to put my feet down i wouldnt be able to, thats why i leaned toward a sports bike cause i like that my feet were directly up, then i could just put them down right away! he is very supportive tho! his first bike was a fz1 LOL, i just chose the baby version! so far im loving riding but im excited for it to come more naturally, i still tend to stall the bike if i try to start more quickly, but hey its day 4, and im no where near going into traffic lol just what ive been doing and some residential riding. i cannot wait to really "know" my bike and have to not think so much while shifting, and stopping and going......how long does this usually take? for riding to become more second nature rather than so analitycal?

Rookasaki

Hubby has a limited edition 2007 kawasaki meanstreak, its a 1600 cc cruiser, he was hoping i was going to get a cruiser, but when i sat on them i just didnt like the foot position from having my feet so far in front of me, i felt like if i had to move fast to put my feet down i wouldnt be able to, thats why i leaned toward a sports bike cause i like that my feet were directly up, then i could just put them down right away! he is very supportive tho! his first bike was a fz1 LOL, i just chose the baby version! so far im loving riding but im excited for it to come more naturally, i still tend to stall the bike if i try to start more quickly, but hey its day 4, and im no where near going into traffic lol just what ive been doing and some residential riding. i cannot wait to really "know" my bike and have to not think so much while shifting, and stopping and going......how long does this usually take? for riding to become more second nature rather than so analitycal?
wow, that's a huge bike :eek:
As far as telling you how long it takes, well I can't. Obviously depends on you and your abilities. But it seems you're on a great start. It took me a about 6 months to really be comfortable. But even now, winter (well this California winter right now we are having doesn't count, it's been so hot!) I would go two weeks or longer without riding due to rain/cold etc.. Even then when I jump on my bike it takes a good 10 mins to get my riding abilities to warm up. Your skills can definitely be affected if you go awhile without riding. Thank God I don't live in states where it's 10 degrees outside with 5 feet of snow! In a nut shell, I've been riding now for 8 years and there is times when I don't feel comfortable ;) sometimes you just don't feel it I guess.... Hope that helps! :) Ride, Ride and Ride.... Don't ever (and I'm so guilty of this a times) get over confident... I'm sure your Hubby will give you similar advise. Tell him the forum says Hello, and that we will give you the best advise possible. Trust me on that one, we have a great forum here. ;)

FazerWest

wow, that's a huge bike :eek:
As far as telling you how long it takes, well I can't. Obviously depends on you and your abilities. But it seems you're on a great start. It took me a about 6 months to really be comfortable. But even now, winter (well this California winter right now we are having doesn't count, it's been so hot!) I would go two weeks or longer without riding due to rain/cold etc.. Even then when I jump on my bike it takes a good 10 mins to get my riding abilities to warm up. Your skills can definitely be affected if you go awhile without riding. Thank God I don't live in states where it's 10 degrees outside with 5 feet of snow! In a nut shell, I've been riding now for 8 years and there is times when I don't feel comfortable ;) sometimes you just don't feel it I guess.... Hope that helps! :) Ride, Ride and Ride.... Don't ever (and I'm so guilty of this a times) get over confident... I'm sure your Hubby will give you similar advise. Tell him the forum says Hello, and that we will give you the best advise possible. Trust me on that one, we have a great forum here. ;)

ya im loving the forum, i like to see what people are doing with their bikes, and such, im just glad to be in vegas where i can ride all year round, but i am NOT going into traffic without being 100% comfortable, we go to the dmv tomorrow to register the bike yay! least now i can do residential riding without fear of being pulled over for not having a plate lol but i couldnt help but ride, we got the bike on friday afternoon dmv was closing, and i was just out in the middle of nowhere, and i wanted to make sure riding was something i could handle, and i cant wait to ride tomorrow, and just keep praciticing everyday, and learning (hence locking up the rear tire) this has been a wonderful experience so far, i cant wait to see how i get better and better! need to find a small camera to fit in my helmet for pov filming!

applejax

The gear indicator is like 100.00 shipped. Its in the vendor section of this website.