New 2009 FZ6R in NH

F

FZ1inNH

Some of you may have just read my thread about no longer being able to keep my name, FZ6inNH. BUT wait! We still have that opportunity?!?!? Don't we?

We went to get my wife's V Star and inspections for both bikes....

I had her actually try out some other bikes (sitting on them). I've wanted to get her on a sport bike for some time. She sat on the GS500, the SV650, the new Gladius, and the FZ6R. She's vertically challenged at 5' 2" and while the GS500 actually fit her best, her words were "I am NOT stepping down THAT much on my engine!" So she chose the new '09 FZ6R and stayed true to Yamaha! :cheer: So, we still have an FZ6 in the family, just not mine.

So I introduce to you, the V Star replacement!

View attachment 17640 View attachment 17641 View attachment 17642

View attachment 17643 View attachment 17644

Attachments

Hellgate

WOO HOO!!! What a cool day! Two great bikes in one day, I don't think anyone else on the board can beat that one. My favorite brand too. :D :thumbup:

bd43

Hey, quite the spending spree today, Eric! Congrats on the new bikes. My only question is, did you buy them from the deadbeat dealership you were complaining about?

V

VEGASRIDER

You should have kept the FZ6 too, that way, you would have had all three. I like the yellow.

S

Stumbles06

Happy days in NH. Nice work Eric.

Great choices on bikes too. :thumbup:

:rockon:

F

FZ1inNH

Thanks all! Yes, it was quite a day here in NH. It was quite a deal too! They wanted out bikes with all the mods so my wife tore them to pieces and landed us an offer we couldn't refuse.

Daryl, yes, we did this deal at that dealer. Please remember that I said their sales and finace office are top notch... it is the service department we have issues with. ;) They did an awesome job to make us happy with the deal and while I would have loved to have a fire sale with my mods here, they insisted my bike go "as is" so she made them "pay" for the mods, if you will.

We could have done better to put the bikes to stock, sell them and sell the mods, but It would have only netted us another $750 - $1000 after it was all over, plus the hassles of selling and shipping parts everywhere. OH well....

:D We're both happy with the deal. Ith went very well!

Kenny, I wish I could have kept the FZ6 too but it wouldn't have been possible without the sacrifice... :(

Pete, we did this a year ago to get the two '08 bikes but it was two months apart.... This is a first though, two in one deal! Wow!

Dave, thanks!!! Wish we could get them to Oz to ride!!!

reiobard

i am completely jealous. At leas Michele kept some sort of star on her bike :) will she be joining here as a member now?

we still need to see you guys soon and it sounds like we all have some new things to show off :)

fz6rwolf

Real nice!!! I like those FZ1's, they're a hot ticket, probably too much for what I need though. Maybe some years down the road when I can take more time to do more long distance riding. Congrats

C

CrazyBiker

Ok, please share with us the deal details and the trade-ins?

F

FZ1inNH

Ok, please share with us the deal details and the trade-ins?
See the FZ1 thread for that... I gave a brief synopsis of the deal over there. :D My only regret was not being able to keep some of the mods to sell here. I hope the new owner finds this site and posts some pics so we can see what the dealer did to her after they took her.

F

FZ1inNH

I think I've created a new beast! Michele got on the FZ6R and cruised the parking lot while we loaded the FZ1 on my trailer. Now, the reason for this? I had to go back home with my bike and get stock parts for both mine and hers. So I could only come back to the dealer with the trailer.

Michele drove her new bike home, following me. She had zero issues. After we got back and unloaded then did the picture taking, I suited up and we went out for the 50 mile ride. I was leading. On the V Star, she was timid in the corners. The bike was very heavy, not very flickable for a small woman, and she was scared after dragging hardware once on it that she'd do it again. Well, on the FZ6R, I fully expected to take off on a few corners and wait for her afterward, typical of our rides when she was on the V Star. She KNOWS she rides her own pace and she is NOT one that would simply try to "keep up" with another. Much to my surprise, she was right on my butt and only fell off the pace on one of the sharper corners that I took a little faster than she was comfortable with.

So we get back and I praised her for looking like a natural out there which she did! She said the FZ6R felt solid and secure in the corners, that she had no fear of dragging hardware and didn't feel like she was pushing it at all. She said the bike gave her a LOT more confidence.

We're about to head out again for the afternoon. We still need to be careful and scrub the tires more. She went from "I'll get used to it" to "I really LOVE a sportbike!"

So, she has already said to me "We need to go back to the Dragon! I need to earn my stickers on the new bike!" :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :D

fz6rwolf

I rode up your way today from Providence, RI up I95, missed I93 so kept going just outside Portsmouth, then back down I95 to I93 then took the 1st exit saying Rt3 and went up it a bit(little ways past some prison) then came home. About 375 miles but almost all slab but was a good to do to see how my ride to Pittsburgh, PA will be later this summer. Butt did get bit sore towards the end and couple times throttle hand got numb but overall fairly comfortable for a long haul.

S

Steph

Is MrsFZ6RinNH going to join our forum now?? Hopefully we will see some posts from her and see what she thinks of the new bike!

F

FZ1inNH

I rode up your way today from Providence, RI up I95, missed I93 so kept going just outside Portsmouth, then back down I95 to I93 then took the 1st exit saying Rt3 and went up it a bit(little ways past some prison) then came home. About 375 miles but almost all slab but was a good to do to see how my ride to Pittsburgh, PA will be later this summer. Butt did get bit sore towards the end and couple times throttle hand got numb but overall fairly comfortable for a long haul.
Wish you'd have spoken up! I could have grilled you some lunch and we could have ridden a good part of that ride back with you. :D Next time!!

Was this for pleasure or business? And why slab? Mount up a GPS and do highway avoidance. :D

F

FZ1inNH

Is MrsFZ6RinNH going to join our forum now?? Hopefully we will see some posts from her and see what she thinks of the new bike!
I'm trying Steph. She doesn't do much for online forums and is busy most of the time with online college courses.

I can tell you that she is very excited about it! I have to find a way to get the seat height down an inch or two... maybe a custom shaved seat and a shorter shock mount then drop the triples on the forks a bit. She's on the balls of her feet at a stop but I would like to get her flatfooted or at least closer than she is now.

As far as riding, I think she's a natural. Where I used to wait around corners, she's almost right behind me! :cheer:

She wants a better seat and an FE Kit. I just got done designing an FE kit, now I need to fab one out of thin metal as a template and find someone who can cut these out. I'm making my own for the FZ1 too as they are actually very close in tail design. :rockon:

fz6rwolf

Wish you'd have spoken up! I could have grilled you some lunch and we could have ridden a good part of that ride back with you. :D Next time!!

Was this for pleasure or business? And why slab? Mount up a GPS and do highway avoidance. :D
Was just seeing how long it'd take to get up there, been few years since been to NH. Next time I'll leave early AM and take my time and do some more fun roads. Will let ya know so you can show me some good roads:D

F

FZ1inNH

Was just seeing how long it'd take to get up there, been few years since been to NH. Next time I'll leave early AM and take my time and do some more fun roads. Will let ya know so you can show me some good roads:D
There's not many in the area... I typically head north or west. The best around are over in VT.

After riding the Dragon and surrounding roads? There ARE NO GOOD ROADS in New England... period! :D

reiobard

There's not many in the area... I typically head north or west. The best around are over in VT.

and what a shame that is... you would end up in my neck of the woods (literally) heading north and west from Portsmouth :)

F

FZ1inNH

and what a shame that is... you would end up in my neck of the woods (literally) heading north and west from Portsmouth :)
You caught me! Therein lies my plan! :D We just HAVE to see Cadence and give you gifts! :D