My New Exhaust

stroke

Alright so I built a new exhaust for the R! I took The 00 R6 Headers that I got from a guy parting out his old R6. Then, I bought a Jardine GP1 exhaust pipe.. When I got the pipe I realized that it was just a straight pipe. So, I just got this new pipe and went through all the trouble to take everything off to find this out lol so i was bound and determined to have an exhaust before days end! My brother and I went down to advanced and made a muffler that was going to fit and work with the Jardine Slip on. We got a bunch of muffler extensions, fittings clamps, and fiberglass wrap. Got back to the house and started to make this Franken-Muffler from scratch... and heres how everything turned out.. Just pics now, I hope to have a video up soon or at least a sound clip! Let me know what all you guys, and gals think!

Attachments

stroke

the only thing i gotta do now is re-wrap the end over the first clamp to make it all smooth.. But so far it sounds great! And doesnt look to bad either.. But the best part.... It was WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper then 800 bucks:wav:

Manna69247

I think it looks Franken-Wicked. Would like to hear that thing and see when you're finish with the whole project.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: for all the hard work!

cbzdel

Thats really custom looking haha!! looks like a total home made jobber haha.. but if it works thats all that matters! With it being a total straight pipe I bet that is LOUD as it could possibly be!!!

My question is how does it run? Since you have ZERO back pressure does it pop much??

stroke

its about as loud as the two bros exhaust with no tip.. its not a straight pipe, there is a muffler there before the jardine slip.. The muffler we built has enough fiberglass packing around the baffel inside it to silence alot of the loudness... however is does pop back a lil in hard de-celeration but that should be worked out in a few hundred miles once the cpu has re mapped itself to the new exhaust.. I just got this portable recorder for recording my live shows, im gonna try to see how good it record the sound during a ride?? who knows it might work lol but as soon as i try ill post a sound clip of the exhaust to see how much different it is from the two bros exhaust

mfischler

Elite Member