md-nc-sc-ga-fl

motogp6r

riding down to Fl end of september. ill be spending a few days in GA. i want to see some cool shit along the way. who from sc-ga-fl-nc can recommend some sites, places to stop along the way. i wont be taking 95 , ill be riding down the eastern shores of the states. :iconbeer:

motogp6r

Are you looking for anything in particular? Good roads to ride or touristy stuff?
id like to do both. there are people that ride through states and dont see much, and love to claim , "yah ive been there". but have no story behind. show me the places to go, that leave me with a sense of being in the mofo state

Chevyfazer

There are literally 1000's of miles of good twisties in N ga around the chatahoochie national forest and my favorites being what they call the suches loop especially around blood mountian. Parts of the roads around blood mountain are very similar to the dragons tail. Which I'm sure you also plan on hitting the dragon on your way down? And if you hit the dragon you might as well do the cherohala skyway too. Here's a website with lots of info about good roads all around that area www.cherohala.com and hears some pics from my ride up that way 2 weeks ago cherohala ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346774805.340761.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346774829.003491.jpgthe dragonImageUploadedByTapatalk1346774852.119896.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346774897.737657.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346774938.123705.jpg
An blood mountainImageUploadedByTapatalk1346774992.558034.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346775028.104821.jpg
So yeah they are some very fun roads

As far as things to see I guess that depends on exactly how long you plan on being here and where you plan on passing through at and what kind of stuff you like. But I would make sure to at least come through Atlanta and stop by the Varsity for either lunch or dinner.http://thevarsity.com/

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

motogp6r

There are literally 1000's of miles of good twisties in N ga around the chatahoochie national forest and my favorites being what they call the suches loop especially around blood mountian. Parts of the roads around blood mountain are very similar to the dragons tail. Which I'm sure you also plan on hitting the dragon on your way down? And if you hit the dragon you might as well do the cherohala skyway too. Here's a website with lots of info about good roads all around that area Cherohala Skyway, mile high legend from Robbinsville NC to Tellico Plains TN and hears some pics from my ride up that way 2 weeks ago cherohala View attachment 27384View attachment 27385the dragonView attachment 27386View attachment 27387View attachment 27388
An blood mountainView attachment 27389View attachment 27390
So yeah they are some very fun roads

As far as things to see I guess that depends on exactly how long you plan on being here and where you plan on passing through at and what kind of stuff you like. But I would make sure to at least come through Atlanta and stop by the Varsity for either lunch or dinner.The Varsity :: What'll ya have!
damn chevy, both suggestions are on the other side of the state GA. ive wanted to go to the skyway there for a year now. great suggestion. im headed down the coast and there isnt a varsity along the way. thanks .
marthy, im headed to kissimmee area. north of west palm beach.

Chevyfazer

There's only 1 "real" varsity for the best experience and that on is downtown but there is another one in Athens ga which is the 2nd best IMO. Plus if you like college football Athens is a HUGE college town UGA, theres no other place quite like it for a Dawg fan like me but it's still a great place none the less.

Some of those places might be out of your way but if your going to ride the skyway it's very easy to link up to us 129 from there and follow it south which will eventually take you too blood mountain.

I can't remember any of the road names but I have wandered up to Tiger Ga which is as far NE ga you can get and the roads up there were really fun too.

Some other places that you might enjoy would be Savannah ga http://www.savannahga.net/ and tybee island http://tybeeisland.com/attractions/historic-savannah/

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

If you want to see BF Egypt you can come to my area, lol.

Seriously though there are some nice beaches in my area but you might be better of heading down the east coast of florida instead of the west coast...