Lost a riding brother

D

detpilot

Friends say motorcyclist's throttle was stuck before fatal crash in Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids News - The Latest News, Blogs, Photos & Videos – MLive.com

He graduated with me, didn't know him very well though. First I heard he was drinking, then that his throttle got stuck. I can't imagine why you wouldn't just pull in the clutch though. Either way, he didn't have a helmet on, and it didn't go well. R.I.P.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v80/75/84/12118917/n12118917_33704892_2426.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v215/89/109/22413282/n22413282_36020784_5524.jpg

Sorry to hear this. May he RIP and my condolences to his family.

C

champion221elite

Sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy... prayers sent.

08fz6

sorry to hear this! Sounds like he was a straight laced guy! Seemed to be responsible and one time he is stupid, ended it.... :(

S

shreveport1

That's horrible,and only 22 and just graduated.truly a tragic loss.:(

V

VEGASRIDER

Sorry to hear that. R.I.P Let this be a reminder to all of us, this can happen to anyone. Remember where your kill switch is, it's located there for a reason. Also, like some other member said, you can pull in your clutch. And always wear all of your safety gear, not just a helmet.

C

CHEMIKER

RIP rider.

As a parent, it's heartbreaking to read his mom's comments and to think about what she's going through. Please, even if it's legally optional, always always wear your helmet.

F

FAZERRIDER

Really sorry to hear about your friend. So sad when a young life is taken. I don't think anyone should ride without a helmet. My friend crashed a ski-doo this winter and smashed his head of a tree. I will get a picture of his helmet to post later. All I know is that helmet saved his life. I wouldn't ride without a good one.

R

Ryan T

So sorry. May he RIP and I hope and pray that his family will survive these difficult times.

600ccdevil

My ex-fiance's brother had his throttle stick on him. He smashed into a cement barrier and was thrown several hundred feet. Messed up his back pretty bad.

F

fazer.rider

RIP

regarding throttle stick. when a rider detects the bike is still accelerating with closed throttle, isn't first instinct is too pull in clutch and brake? instead of waiting for a crash?

X

xj750_Pete

Sorry to hear about your friend. That's a really young age to go.

C

chimneydoc

Sorry for the loss. I have three sons I can't even imagine the pain his parents are going thru, I will pray for them. Please, Please,Please wear your helmets and don't drink and drive. Sorry again for the loss. Doc

J

jody.adams

RIP

regarding throttle stick. when a rider detects the bike is still accelerating with closed throttle, isn't first instinct is too pull in clutch and brake? instead of waiting for a crash?

This was a panic situation that did not afford the time to think.
Practice hitting the kill switch then braking to a stop until it is instinctive. That's why its right next to the throttle. Sad story for sure.

V

vdbergj1

Wow, sooo bad. Thoughts to his family and friends and you. One thing us mortal humans never been able to get used to. :(