Looking for Mods

cbelar

I just bought my ride about 2 weeks ago, and I'm starting to get that itch. So far I just have a tank protector and PIAA Intense White bulb. I've only seen 2 companies that make an exhaust for the bike. Any suggestions where I can find some mods?

:Sport:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

joloy133

FWIW: One of the first mod I did was to go with ss braided front brake lines. I was riding various runs for about 4 hours total on a hot day including some 60 to 0 stops due to traffic. My brakes definitely felt different at the end of the ride that day, and now I have consistent feel and performance no matter time and temp. I left the rear stock as I use rear brakes for trailing and in combo always with front. (Don't want anything close to cause locking up the rear tires for now). Due the safety stuff first IMO..........Stay safe..........

cbzdel

FWIW: One of the first mod I did was to go with ss braided front brake lines. I was riding various runs for about 4 hours total on a hot day including some 60 to 0 stops due to traffic. My brakes definitely felt different at the end of the ride that day, and now I have consistent feel and performance no matter time and temp. I left the rear stock as I use rear brakes for trailing and in combo always with front. (Don't want anything close to cause locking up the rear tires for now). Due the safety stuff first IMO..........Stay safe..........

Which front line did you get? How hard was the install?

joloy133

I chose the Goodridge Carboline, dealer installed with other work. They look like carbon fiber lines, black, glossy, but low-key. U notice the weave up close. The performance of braided lines are significant, a definite improvement.

xplodnstar

SS brake lines are definitely a good upgrade. I got the Galfer ones as they were the first ones available for me, but any should do the trick. The breaking is much better in a shorter distance. Also, EBC has pads for our bike and that added even more braking power. Install wasn't too hard, from what hubby says, I just came home one day and they were magically installed. :) He said he just followed the old lines to connect and had plenty of rags on hand. He used a couple paper cups to catch all the fluid as it drained out.

I agree about leaving the rears stock, though. Anything extra will just lock you up faster.