Longest non-stop trip?

Y

YamahaMAXdRPMs

well i did a personal record today... heard about a bike show last minute and me and a buddy decided to go check it out.. His GPS said it was only 80 miles or so away... started at 730, got there around 10 after a few pit stops... :thumbup: then when we got there realized that it was a Harley show! BOOOO... not only that but it was $15 to get in! so we walked around the gate.. peeking in at what they had... then came up to an area that was wide open... so we decided to check it out, seeing as the other part was charging, lets see what this side had... after walking around for a bit we started to realize that everyone around us had wrist bands on... hmm... after lookin back we saw the girl who was suppose to be watching the entrance we jsut walked in... haha... whoops, guess we just snuck in for free by accident! oh well.. It was a harley show, all vendors... walked around for 20 min or so and cruised out... </story>
Anyway... on the way home we took the long way... 120 miles at 65+ with no stops, no red lights, nothing... non stop 65+... my personal best... im sure you Iron butts have alot higher, but i was proud of my self! usually i do about 60 and need a rest... :rockon:

SLAMF

That's cool man. That's around the same for me non-stop. But wow does the ass get sore. Keep sliding up in the seat then back trying to get a different part to touch the seat. lol My buddy and I, who has a CBR 1000, want to take a backpack trip sometime soon. Just pack some clothes and go with no destination in particular. Maybe we'll head east or north. Don't matter.

M

Mattberkshire

Home to Isle of Man - 250 miles to ferry port. Did 140 miles, filled up then straight on for next 110. Rock hard

H

hardway

Google maps says 563 miles, bay area to san diego. Stopped only for gas.

fz6rwolf

On this bike bit over 300 miles in a day, few smoke breaks and fill ups.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
My first long trip also happens to be my longest thus far. I rode about 270 miles. :cheer:

I'm hoping to change that in the very near future. I'd like to ride back to visit my parents....nearly 800 miles away. :eek:

Y

YamahaMAXdRPMs

im talking back braking... no stops.. no traffic lights, no stop signs no gas... just strait painful 120 miles at 65+ ... i know some of you iron butts have some stories!

MNDZA

I've gone 100 miles a few times so far....nothing longer yet...maybe next week.

S

Sawblade

I ran my tank dry down in Virginia without a single stop a month or so ago. I almost got stopped by traffic, but I managed to roll for a bit without the speedo registering anything.

fz6rwolf

Mid '80's bought 82 Silverwing from stepdad, flew from Lakehurst, NJ to Austin, TX and rode back up in 3 1/2 days, alot of it in rain. Wouldn't do that now at age 47, no way no how LOL

neshi

So far I am a light weight @ about 30 Miles but I am planing to go to Washington DC one weekend after I get back from vacation!

Anybody wanna join a mid august ride form the NYC area to DC send me an email [email protected]

cbzdel

I was just on an 8 hour ride.. took about 5-6 pit stops and it rained about half the time.. But other than that it was great!!

Howdy! So, you can't really ride that long here! I'm stationed in Hawaii! It only takes like an hour and a half to get all the way around the island! Great views though!

cbzdel

Howdy! So, you can't really ride that long here! I'm stationed in Hawaii! It only takes like an hour and a half to get all the way around the island! Great views though!
Thats on Oahu correct? It took us 10 hours on a tour bus to get around the island just take it slow haha!!

Man! do I miss Hawaii!!

oyamyers

Just did 415 miles on Saturday. only stopped for gas and lunch. one reason why my next mod will be the gel seat from Yamaha.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Just did 415 miles on Saturday. only stopped for gas and lunch. one reason why my next mod will be the gel seat from Yamaha.
Nice trip. I don't want to discourage your purchase, but I haven't heard good things about the Yamaha gel seat. Supposedly it takes several hundred miles to break-in and even then it isn't very comfortable. You might be better off waiting for the Corbin seat. :don'tknow:

oyamyers

I haven't heard anything about the seat from Yamaha. Thanks for the advice. I'll look for the Corbin seat and see what other say about it. Anyone on here have the comfort seat from Yamaha?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Thats on Oahu correct? It took us 10 hours on a tour bus to get around the island just take it slow haha!!

Man! do I miss Hawaii!!
That is correct! Oahu! 10 hour tour......that is brutal! You should have just done like the rest of the tourist and rented a moped.........maybe!

xplodnstar

Nice trip. I don't want to discourage your purchase, but I haven't heard good things about the Yamaha gel seat. Supposedly it takes several hundred miles to break-in and even then it isn't very comfortable. You might be better off waiting for the Corbin seat. :don'tknow:
Corbin's coming. They are doing the R&D now. I expect we should have a production seat in a couple months.