Long trip....for me at least.

MNDZA

I had a nice 100 mile trip today. I got sick of riding around near my house so I picked a direction on the highway and exited in a place I didn't know and got lost....on purpose of course. It was awesome! I found some great roads and views that I never knew existed in the Chicagoland area and I would have never done this with a car. Motorcycles kick ass! The only bad part of my trip, which was still good because it was a first experience, was a couple miles of road that was torn down for construction. I've only read about riding in road grooves and it wasn't bad at all. The only thing that made me nervous was that it looked like it was covered in oil and very slick the whole way, but I stayed upright. Okay no more typing, bye!

L

Luiz

I love doing that. You discover many great things just riding around with no worries. What a great feeling. Glad you had some fun. Riding without a destination always makes it better.

DefyInertia

Cool....glad you guys are getting some good weather. Next you can go spend a weekend in southern WI w/ some folks from CLSB :thumbup:

fz6rwolf

That's my usual agenda one day each weekend (weather permitting) is take off and get lost and make my way back. Last Sunday I headed to New Hampshire, about 375 miles on the day, was great.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
If you guys aren't members already, join over at OpenDNS.

It has some great features. My favorite is the "roads" feature, where other members create ride routes and post the map and directions for everyone to see. It allows you to do a search for around your area. Go check it out and see what you can find in your neck of the woods!

04fizzer

My biggest problem is that while I'm "lost", I tend to find some nice areas, or nice roads, but since I'm "lost", I can't easily get back to them to play around more.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
My biggest problem is that while I'm "lost", I tend to find some nice areas, or nice roads, but since I'm "lost", I can't easily get back to them to play around more.
If you don't have a GPS, try packing an area road map under the rear seat. Then when you find places you like, mark them on the map. I've done this with crossroads of places that had nice twisties. When I get home, I google map the intersection and then I'm able to plan a way to get back there.

:thumbup:

C

chimneydoc

Nice post :rockon: the oneof the longest ridesI went on in one day was 400 miles, I think I had monkey butt that day. Needless to say I was tired. Good job on your 100 mile run keep up the good work.

Doc

P.S Maybe next time take some pictures and show us.

M

MarinaFazer

sounds like a typical weekend! Keep it up! Keep up the adventure...just because it's on pavement doesn't mean it's not an adventure!

MNDZA

What I did was pull over and save the gps spot on my iphone.