Keeping track of all your rides

ChUcK

Here's a map I made recording all the places I have explored in western WA so far. This has been roughly 3 months, 3000 miles. I plan on getting over to the eastern side over the summer, and one of these days the pass around Mt. Rainier will open up so I can see what's on the other side.

Does anybody else do this? My buddy does on his bicycle, but the GPS records it all for him. I don't have any of that fancy stuff, I just go back to google maps after the trip and reconstruct my route.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

XTRAWLD

Using a GPS to track is by far the easiest way, and then you download after you are done. Kudos to go back onto google and set it up!

CrazyCawi

Xtra what do you use to track for gps?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ChUcK

What's cool about the google map is that I use it to plan a route, then I go back later and drag the route around to modify it to exactly where I rode. Then I save it to the same map, the one shown above.

FZRBlack, there were a few good ones in there. Hwy 20 between Rockport and Diablo, and Hwy 112 on the peninsula headed out to Neah Bay, the most NW point in the continental US. Everything else is just scenic driving, nothing really lean-inducing unless you're traveling 80 mph. I need to do more exploring instead of touring!

bmw675

a coworker downloaded an app that kept track of his route and miles while on his bicycle. i thought that sounded like a great idea until i seen how unreliable it is. good to see other options appear to work as advertised. :thumbup:

ChUcK

a coworker downloaded an app that kept track of his route and miles while on his bicycle. i thought that sounded like a great idea until i seen how unreliable it is. good to see other options appear to work as advertised. :thumbup:
My friend's GPS thing works awesome. He has it on his body, not the bike, so when he crashed it even showed where he rolled across the road instead of going straight like the Bianchi did, haha.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member