Jacket time: Looking for my new jacket.

BoneJj

Alright so the jacket I wanted isn't available anymore so I need to find a different one.

Features I'm looking for:
plain, no big logos
light colored, grey or light colors in general, not big of a fan of white
longer length - I don't want to cut at the waist, I prefer overlap

Options I've found:
Alpinestars Cape Town Air Drystar Jacket - I rather like this one but I wouldn't mind a little more mesh on it.
Scorpion Drafter Mesh Jacket - This is a top pick mostly.
Tour Master Flex Series 3 Jacket - Was my first choce but now not available and now I would like a longer length as well.
Olympia Moab Jacket

Not long enough, I think:
So far I've found the:
Tour Master intake air 3
Dainese Air-Flux Textile Jacket
Olympia Airglide 3 Jacket
REV'IT! Turbine Jacket

The 2 at the top of my list there have a nice length I think. The biggest concern I have is the jacket coming up in the back, I just don't like to show butt crack to people while I'm going down the road in a tuck, lol. I'm a bigger guy so I like properly fitting clothes.

If you know of another jacket that fits the criteria above, for the most part, please do suggest it.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

BoneJj

You look at the Tourmaster Transition 3 jacket?
It is longer cut, has plenty of pockets. It also worked good for me in temps up to 106 ambient temp. this year with the vent slits.
doubles very nicely as raingear without needing to carry an extra waterproof liner also.

Same here, I can tuck the tail end of this jacket under my butt and it stays there unless I do an incredible amount of moving around on the seat. Then I just readjust at a stop light.

I took a look at that one and it seems like a nice jacket but I don't like the closed off look of it. Though it might be good winter type jacket for down here. I might consider it for that time of year down here as it should keep me pretty warm. I do prefer to ride during the winter down here.

As for the rain liner, I don't mind having to put one of those in. I typically don't ride when it's going to possibly rain but you do raise an interesting point about the taking time to put the liner in.

Seems like a decent price on it @ 189.oo but IDK. A lot to consider in that regard.

BKP

I took a look at that one and it seems like a nice jacket but I don't like the closed off look of it. Though it might be good winter type jacket for down here. I might consider it for that time of year down here as it should keep me pretty warm. I do prefer to ride during the winter down here.

As for the rain liner, I don't mind having to put one of those in. I typically don't ride when it's going to possibly rain but you do raise an interesting point about the taking time to put the liner in.

Seems like a decent price on it @ 189.oo but IDK. A lot to consider in that regard.

Well, they have lots of those TourMaster Series 3 Flex jackets at our local Yami dealer... Love mine... Gunmetal is a great color as well ... sun doesn't kill you. Great jacket for Fla. I'd take it down to about 40 degrees with all the layers. So I'll probably need a sub-freezing jacket. Want me to pick one up for ya? Only issue is it's retail there...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

BoneJj

Well, they have lots of those TourMaster Series 3 Flex jackets at our local Yami dealer... Love mine... Gunmetal is a great color as well ... sun doesn't kill you. Great jacket for Fla. I'd take it down to about 40 degrees with all the layers. So I'll probably need a sub-freezing jacket. Want me to pick one up for ya? Only issue is it's retail there...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Do you think they might have it in 2XL? If so I would be rather interested in doing that. I rather like that the rain liner is actually a shell and not an interior piece. It looks like it would fold up nicely to fit in a tank bag to stay out of the way. What kind of price did they have on them?

I tried all my local dealers and no one has any in stock.

BoneJj

I think I found my jacket.

Tour Master Sonora Air Jacket
Tour Master Sonora Air Jacket - RevZilla

I think the gunmetal/black one will do but I am rather liking a lot of the feature it has. I wouldn't mind a lighter color but I think I'm about to order this one up. I think it just might fit the bill all around.

BoneJj

I just went nuts and ordered it....

We shall see what happens.

BoneJj

3/4 length for the win

Tour_Master_Sonora_Air_Jacket.jpg

BKP

Do you think they might have it in 2XL? If so I would be rather interested in doing that. I rather like that the rain liner is actually a shell and not an interior piece. It looks like it would fold up nicely to fit in a tank bag to stay out of the way. What kind of price did they have on them?

I tried all my local dealers and no one has any in stock.

I'm up there every so often, so I'll take a look. Keep in mind that I wear a 44 jacket (American) and the medium fits me in this jacket. I think I paid about $225, but I'm thrilled with it. It's versatile and the waterproof liner goes on the outside, as you pointed out, which is a great layout.

I'll let you know when I get up there...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member