How to drift

husker525

I hate drifting, but with that being said, that was a great video! Some excellent drivers/riders and some great videography!

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Jots S.R.M.C.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOFimB7ZA]Motorcycle vs. Car Drift Battle - YouTube[/ame]

It's all about tires and conditions...

Theres a number of ways to do it.. all DANGEROUS..

The way I learned:

1. Learn to burnout..

2. Learn to let out the front tire while doing a burnout.. - and moving slowly..

3. Learn to "move around while doing a burnout"

Your ready to learn to drift.. drifting is a form of - your rear wheel moving faster then your front tire.. in a turn..

I am very hesitant to explain further.. untill you know the basics to doing rolling burn outs because you need to learn balance before you do a off center of balance possible " WALKIGN ON THIN ICE TO LOW SIDING"

late Edit;

I was kinda vague in the rolling burnout-

So basicly your going to do some rolling burnouts.. start out going straight.. letting the front brake out "SOFTLY" untill you start rolling.. - at any time if you become scared or uneasy.. GRAB THE CLUTCH AND STOP... - when your doing this.. DRAG BOTH YOUR LEGS or have them both down ready to HOLD the BIKE UP..

WHEN YOU START DOING THE BURNOUT.. MAKE SURE YOUR ASS IS OFF THE SEAT- IF YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT-... THEN PUT YOUR ASS ON THE SEAT.. IF YOUR RPMS GO DOWN ITS BECAUSE OF THE FRICTION ON THE REAR WHEEL.. ADD RPMS UP

once you can do this going straight.. You need to learn to keep your feet off the ground doing a burnout.. this requires moving around ont he bike and good balance..

Then you are ready to do the rest.. I dont want to put the next steps down.. Just be ready to kill a perfectly good tire.. I would honestly recommend buying a "SHINKO" high compound rear tire for this.. its cheap- and your going to want the less sticky tire for drifting and doing burnouts while your learning anyways

Oh AND SOME GOOD FRAME SLIDERS.. I'D RECOMMEND BUYING EXTENSIONS FOR THEM TOO..

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Pretty sure our bike is capable of drifting in the right conditions.

As far as how to do it. I'm no expert but you should lock the rear wheel while moving. While the rear is locked you need to pretty much go full throttle and let go of the rear brake. This should get the wheel spinning. Once the wheel is spinning you need to counter steer and control the throttle to keep the drift angle manageable.

Like I said no expert but if you do decide to try this be very very careful. This is not easy and very few people can actually drift. See video.

YouTube - Motorcycle Drifting and Burnouts.mov
Dude, that guys got some balls or no common sense to be laying on his back facing another guy while the bikes back wheel is sliding and not even a jacket on...

Jots S.R.M.C.

Oh.. and here's A video you need to watch

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uDHI542ux4]Motorcycle crashes while attempting to drift! - YouTube[/ame]

I leaned to drift in the same environment.. I dont do FAST ones like alot of people.. I really just like to do rolling circle burnouts but I do like to slide the rear end here and there.. mostly U turns on the street

AH WTF:

I found this Video from Stuntbums..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T3CaZJyrT4"]Anthony Pesch How To Drift A Motorcycle Introduction - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klzza7G2hSI&feature=channel_video_title"]OneWheelNeal Motorcycle Drifing Tips - YouTube[/ame]

it's pretty thorough - Make you get those sliders and i recommend doing some burn outs like I said before you do the next

Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Jots S.R.M.C.

Minnesota trooper writes 205 mph speeding ticket

WABASHA, Minn. (AP) — With a State Patrol airplane overhead, a Stillwater motorcyclist hit the throttle and possibly set the informal record for the fastest speeding ticket in Minnesota history: 205 mph.

On Saturday afternoon, State Patrol pilot Al Loney was flying near Wabasha, in southeastern Minnesota on the Wisconsin border, watching two motorcyclists racing along U.S. Highway 61.

When one of the riders shot forward, Loney was ready with his stopwatch. He clicked it once when the motorcycle reached a white marker on the road and again a quarter-mile later. The watch read 4.39 seconds, which Loney calculated to be 205 mph.

"I was in total disbelief," Loney told the St. Paul Pioneer Press for Tuesday's editions. "I had to double-check my watch because in 27 years I'd never seen anything move that fast."

Several law enforcement sources told the newspaper that, although no official records are kept, it was probably the fastest ticket ever written in the state.

After about three-quarters of a mile, the biker slowed to about 100 mph and let the other cycle catch up. By then Loney had radioed ahead to another state trooper, who pulled the two over soon afterward.

The State Patrol officer arrested the faster rider, 20-year-old Stillwater resident Samuel Armstrong Tilley, for reckless driving, driving without a motorcycle license — and driving 140 miles per hour over the posted speed limit of 65 mph.

A search of speeding tickets written by state troopers, who patrol most of the state's highways, between 1990 and February 2004 shows the next fastest ticket was for 150 mph in 1994 in Lake of the Woods County.

Tilley did not return calls from the newspaper to his home Monday. A working number for him could not immediately be found by The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Only a handful of exotic sports cars can reach 200 mph, but many high-performance motorcycles can top 175 mph. With minor modifications, they can hit 200 mph. Tilley was riding a Honda 1000, Loney said.

Kathy Swanson of the state Office of Traffic Safety said unless Tilley was wearing the kind of protective gear professional motorcycle racers wear, he was courting death at 200 mph.

"I'm not entirely sure what would happen if you crashed at 200 miles per hour," Swanson said. "But it wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure."

Here's the link to the USA Today article:

USATODAY.com - Minnesota trooper writes 205 mph speeding ticket

And if a CBR1000 (I'm guessing that's the Honda they're talking about) can do that, there's no doubt a Busa could too with minor mods.

Minor mods my ass.. Velocity stacks.. BAD ASS exhaust system, intake, power and fuel managment wont get you to 200..

Some n2o would.. I think.. He didn't have "MINOR" work..

and i wouldnt call all that stuff I said minor anyways.. Minor would be exhaust and intake..

that bike prolly had some piston kit, cam etc.

Sander Koop

Elite Member