How far can you ATGATT?

Bert-Aus

Not an arguementative thread at all,

I enjoy getting all geared up for a ride whether it is a weekend ride, long distance tour, track day or just a short commute.
Getting all armoured kind of makes me feel like a Power Ranger/ Combat trooper etc,
...so much so, that this morning I was even considering how much fun it would be to stay in my leathers - all day at the office!

Does anyone else have similar inklings?
...I know I am slightly unhinged (read: mental) compared to the average person, but am I really any more than other riders out there?

latony007

you are slightly unhinged lol. I do like the armored feeling when I leave but when I get somewhere first thing I do is start stripping it off. I have considered wearing my jacket to work once but that's because its so heavy and so damn cold in our office. I have not gotten to bottoms yet, just boots and still wearing jeans. Its hard around hear not to either get thrown in the "your a crazy crotch rocket rider" or "just escaped from prison Harley rider" groups by what you wear so I try hard to stay out of both lol.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Maadi

Me and my husband did go to a NAPA Auto Parts two weeks ago to buy something and both had all gear, helmet included, on the whole time. Nobody said anything, but they had some family visiting and the lady with the baby gave us a funny look... ;)

ylwf3vr

I wear everything everyday to and from work.. except my motorcycle pants. I just wear jeans. But when I go out on weekends I wear the pants as well.

latony007

I wear everything everyday to and from work.. except my motorcycle pants. I just wear jeans. But when I go out on weekends I wear the pants as well.
I don't, and really don't want to wear pants. But I was looking at these Kevlar Jeans, anyone tried them or hear anything on them?

abyss1406

going to work I wear my Uniform, steel toed Leather boots, pants and my blouse. Jacket, helmet and gloves. On the week ends full two piece suit.

echoplex

I ALWAYS have on a helmet and gloves and a regular non-moto jacket on.

But when it gets colder I'll have my leather motorcycle jacket on.

Sadly I always wear jeans and sneakers when I riding.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BigRobb

Me? ATGATT. If I'm going anywhere over a mile away I'm in jacket, jeans, helmet, gloves, boots. I have a modular helmet so i usually just keep it on in stores on brief errands and such.

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk

priotiynapkin

I used to wear normal jeans and some light dainese shoes along with jacket helmet gloves, but now I ATGATT every day with full boots, textile pants, and even an alpinestars bionic vest under my leather jacket for spirited riding. I think I was motivated by the amount of road rash one of my co-workers got when he went down in jeans and a t-shirt because it was "too hot for gear".

I bring spare shoes with me and lug my gear around school and make a nice heap of gear at work and my girlfriends place whenever I get there. A few months ago I tried riding in normal jeans again and it felt completely wrong. I feel so much more secure in all my the gear. Sure I look like a power ranger but I kinda like that :)

I agree with Anthony though, on a hot day I can't wait to get out of the over pants!

Sander Koop

Elite Member